Guinea Pigs need our help!

MotaroRIP

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:31 pm

I failed to mention that. However, I'll be sure to reply again... when they answer me back.

Annie K

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:56 pm

Lynx, I cited that fact in my last e-mail:

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the participation of guinea pigs in the Critter Run goes in direct opposition to the information Petco supplies to prospective owners,"Exercise wheels and plastic balls may cause injury to guinea pigs" (quoted from your own guinea pig care guide). Please direct me to the "proper departments" that you cite in your e-mail so that I may discuss this very serious matter with them directly. Those of us who love and care for guinea pigs are greatly concerned about their safety and well-being. Your company's endorsement of this event gives owners the incorrect idea that these "toys" are safe for their pets. If your company truly cares for animals' safety, you will not allow guinea pigs into this event. Please respond with the names of people more directly involved.

What do you think - will I get some names or more canned responses?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:08 pm

Sounds good, Annie K. If you get a canned answer, write again!

MotaroRIP

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:11 pm

Is it alright if I re-use that reply later? With a few modifications?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Go for it. Do know if it is really close though, she'll know there's a conspiracy :-)

Henle15

Post   » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:48 am

Yeah they used to have on their care sheets that it was only safe to use the exercise balls under supervision and then they came out with that statement that I posted earlier. It's like they changed it just because they were having a critter run. The new care sheets are apparently not going to have anything that states exercise balls are ok or bad for piggies.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:44 pm

The care sheets they currently have on their site state it can cause problems.

Looks pretty two-faced to me.

Annie K

Post   » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:24 pm

I don't think this "Bonnie M" knows who she is dealing with. I myself am incredibly stubborn when it comes to this kind of thing and am not put off by such weak attempts to deflect my concern and anger. I think if we unleash the full power of this well-educated, strong-willed group of piggie advocates on this company, it won't know what hit it! Keep going, cavy slaves!

maremma

Post   » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:46 pm

Oh for the love of God!

We need to go to all our own vets and get them to put it in writing that those balls are dangerous and send the facts via REAL vetrinarians that work for people that love their babies not for big corporations when we go after them for starters.

We need to make them understand we are not playing and will come after them legally for every animal that is injured in any way shape or form because of their greed and will be writing to all our local newspapers to expose them for the abuse they are advocating of these poor animals.

It is against the law to put any animal in harms way for entertainment purposes. That is on the books already.

I went after a radio station for putting mice in harms way for entertainment purposes. It stopped right quick as soon as they knew, I knew it was against the law and was going to go after them for it. Do they want THAT publicity!

menagerie1013

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Most people have been getting the canned replies. However, someone on the chin forum received this:

Thank you for contacting PETCO Customer Relations.

I understand your concerns regarding the Roller Ball Derby. I read the information and it does say bring your chinchillas, but following that paragraph it does mention no exotic animals. I am not sure why they put Chinchillas, because they are considered an exotic. It is highly unlikely that anyone would bring a Chin only because most people that own Chins are aware of how stressed they become in an overly warm environment. I am also sure that if the store felt there was any kind of health issue they would discourage it.

I will address this issue however with my supervisors so they are aware of it and may pass the information along.

Thank you for your inquiry. Please contact us again if you need any further assistance.

Sincerely,

MJ M.
Customer Relations Coordinator

At PETCO, Animals Always Come First... Our People Make it Happen!

Kellyjo

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:56 pm

I love you guys, I just now seen this thread.

land_hermie

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:25 pm

I will be in school by the time this starts, so I will have the chance to write stuff on my folders, notebooks, etc. about it.