Will someone please adopt my girls?

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:34 am

Topaz---just read this now, and I know that you are already gone. Seeing I have not yet heard from your petsitter....I will take that as you arrived safely!!!--lol Hope you have a great vacation and don't worry about your furbabies too much. Can't wait to hear about your trip when you come back home, SAFE and SOUND!

maremma

Post   » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:52 pm

I just now saw this string. I felt right at home here! LOL

I have become obsessed with worry about my babies too if I die before them and I have no intentions on getting on an air plane even! I am glad to see I am not alone and now can tell the people that think I am nuts that I am not alone.

Perhaps we should all make a pact with each other that if ANY of us die we will all work together to get any animals in the home to other members and form piggie trains if need be to get them to their new permanant homes.

I have driven across state to pick up rescues, foster them and then drive the opposit way across state to get them to their permanant homes. I have no problem with helping out with a train or adopting "orphaned" guinea pigs if need be.

Topaz

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:06 pm

I like that idea maremma. I'd definitely be willing to help anyone and their pigs on this board in any way possible. It made me feel so much better knowing that my girls would be taken care of if something happened to me. Thanks so much again Weaver. I just wanna give you a hug! *hug* And thanks to everyone else for not thinking I'm crazy and being able to relate. ;)

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:51 pm

I bet your girls are glad to have their mom back---and we are all glad that you are back as well =)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:57 pm

Yes we are Topaz.
Hope you have a fun vacation, and is now busy cuddling your fury girls. :)

Topaz

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:46 pm

Thanks gals. We had a really great time but it feels soooo good to be home!

My girls are popcorning around like crazy. I can tell they're glad we're back too. I'm sure they missed all the action in this crazy house that they're used to. And I'm sure they also missed the food on demand. One squeal and I'm there. They've got me trained very well.

Today I was cutting up some watermelon for the kids and they did their usual squealing when I've got fruit or veggies, so I gave them each a piece of the rind. They were so happy that they quickly grabbed it from me, turned around bumping into each other and knocking each other with the piece of rind, then ran into their pigloos to savor it in peace.

And yes Momo, I've been snuggling and cuddling them like crazy. I've also been just standing there watching them and talking to them and smiling a lot. I missed them so much.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:41 pm

They certainly do know who they can count on for the good stuff.

Topaz

Post   » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:25 am

That they do!