Here are some new pics
her fur is growing back around her eyes!
even the top of her head is looking a little bit better
Now all we really have to work on is this stuff on her lip, we have another vet appointment on Thursday to get started on this stuff
Hopefully she will continue to get better, and this will all just be a bad memory in a while...
I just want to thank everyone on the board who helped Stella (and me :-) through all of this, although she's not entirely out of the woods yet, she is so much better than she was doing, and I don't think I could have done it without you!
With her hugely high WBC count there must be some sort of infection going on, but that was done after the AB so I'm guessing we haven't done much with that yet (test is on Thursday to see if it's gone down)
She has been getting a lymdyp once a week, and we did just up the concentration to a 1:20 dilution rather than 1:40, so that could have done something
She's also gotten one treatment of revoution, and two treatments of Program (the first dose of Program was at 90mg/kg, the second dose I gave her ~160 mg/kg after reading the higher doses in the fungus threads).
All of this has been concurrent, so there's no way to really tell which of them helped, or if it was a combition of everything. Plus she's been getting some coconut oil on her ears and nose once a day for about a week now.
She still won't let me touch her ears much, but after all of this I don't know if she will ever be comfortable having them touched again (I don't think I would!).
Thanks for all the good thoughts and healing vibes! I'll let you all know what the plan is after the vet visit on Thrusday.
However, the good news is Stella is now fully recovered! The edges of her ears are a little ragged now, and she has a small hairless spot under her chin that may or may not grow back, but you can hardly tell she was sick at all!
I'm lucky she was a fighter! Thank you all so much for everything. I don't know that she would have made it if it weren't for the suggestions I got on these boards.
EDIT: I just wanted to add, in case anyone runs across something like this later, what finally worked for us was a mixture of:
~a 20:1 dilution of lymdyp once a week,
~Oral program given every other week at no less than 90 mg/kg
~revolution given once every 3 weeks at the normal dose
~virgin coconut oil rubbed on the bad spots every other day or so.
We're not sure which one finally worked, or if it was the combination, but she slowly got better, and now she's been off meds completely for about 3 weeks and everything appears to be all better.
I hope this is the last you ever see of such a serious skin condition. Thanks for the summary.
The vet didn't seem to think the chelitis was an issue, as the last time I took Stella in she just said to watch it, and with the rest of her getting better it should follow suit.
I also wanted to add, for future reference, we never figured out what this was, even after a biopsy and two blood tests. The lab that read the first biopsy even told me they would read a second for free, after seeing how bad she had gotten, but luckily we never had to resort to that. And I want to mention that after she finally got better, she rocketed in a matter of a few weeks from her sick weight around 790 grams, up to 1068 grams now.
I hope terribly that you can get this under control before you have an awful mess again.
Obviously I stopped treatment too early last time, and my vet is recommending I continue treating her for at least a month after she gets better this time. I really hope I've caught it early enough to stop it this time.