Silky's very bad vet/health report

Zoe

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:13 am

I'm sorry for the very sad news. I have no suggestions, but I will keep you guys in my heart. So sorry again. Let us know how it goes.

poppypiggy

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:48 am

I am very sorry to hear this - I know how it feels.

I agree with Mum. My pig with renal failure, Poppy, has been on Fortekor for some time now, and it seems to help; at least she doesn't drink as excessively as before. Since Fortekor is a heartmed I would think that it could help Silky's kidneys AND heart at the same time, at least for some time. Perhaps worth discussing with your vet?

Thinking of you and Silky.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:40 am

I am so sorry to hear the news. I wish there was something that could be done. Hugs to you both.

Topaz

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 am

Oh man that stinks. :( I'll keep my fingers crossed that she stays happy and feels good for a long while yet.

meggielou

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:47 pm

I'm so sorry for the bad news. Thinking of you.

rpaws

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:53 pm

Silkie girl, hang in there.

sarav

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:24 pm

I'm so sorry for this bad news. *hugs*

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:40 pm

Love to yall from us.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:42 pm

I'm really sorry. It is devistating to be given such a dire diagnosis. Enjoy what time you have left, however long or short it may be. And take pictures and/or video.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:47 pm

Hugs to you all.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:02 pm

I'm so sorry you got such bad news. Just take things day by day and it is wonderful how much you have been able to do to keep her going with all those health issues. Sometimes I think we love them so much it's what keeps them going as long as they do.

Piggywig

Post   » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:05 pm

Thanks so much, everyone. Your kind words mean a lot. Sometimes I think that the diagnoses must have been mistakes, because she looks so perky, and then other times when her little eyes look tired, I know they were not. I know they weren't wrong anyway, but you know how you do.

I will look into that medication, Fortekor, I believe you spelled it, because it sounds like it might be a good thing.

The thing that is good right now is that she loves all of the medications she takes. She adores benebac, and metacam, and even the baby's gas medication. It is Walmart's brand, equate, and she loves the taste, for any of you that might need a tasty gas medication for piggies. She also loves to chew on the syringes.

She has been pulling her leg under her and using it more, which I am proud to see.

Once again, Silky and I both thank you for everything!