Good vibes needed for Mama Cherry's spay today

glade
Even Republicans Give!

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:50 pm

We're thinking about ya, cutie!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:35 pm

Best of luck to you two, please keep us updated.

BDM+Ps Mom
OH MY!

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:55 pm

You're in our thoughts and prayers today, Miss Mama Cherry!
Just remember to soak up all the extra attention after surgery... this is the perfect time to get extra treats and love from your slaves! :)
How can they say no to such a pretty face??

Allysse

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:15 pm

Thanks all. She survived the surgery. Now we have to keep her going. I'm going to go pick her up now, so I'll post more later.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:18 pm

Good wishes heading her way for a speedy and eventfree recovery. :·)

Kermie831

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:49 pm

Woo-hoo! Keep up the fight little girl! I know you don't know about the good life yet, but believe me, you will learn about everything a piggie can desire!

a big thank you to Allysse and the rescue for taking her under your wing!

cat22woman

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:20 pm

Yay! Hope she recovers soon!

Maisiesmom
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:38 pm

Here's hoping Mama C. a speedy recovery. She looks like a nice pig.

Allysse

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:07 pm

My vet was a little worried about her because she wasn't moving much at the clinic. I brought her home and had the same worries, but then I put her long time buddy Nelle in with her and that helped considerably. Nelle is a big fat calm pig so it worked out well to put her in with her. As soon as Nelle saw that Mama Cherry was in the cage she went over and gave her many big licks on the ears and face. She was pretty happy to have her buddy back again.

Nelle started eating which got Mama Cherry to eat and drink too. She has voluntarily ate pellets, hay, a slice of apple, and drank out of the water bottle. I'm pretty proud of this old girl.

Tomorrow I'll get pics of the incision. It's gorgeous! :)

amy m guinea

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:41 pm

I'm sending all my best wishes for a speedy recovery. My sow Jenna was spayed last month due to cysts too! And she is doing so great, and has so much more energy. I wish the same for sweet Mama Cherry! You did the right thing.

before:

after:

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:49 pm

Those are great pictures. Poor Jenna! She must feel much better after her spay.

amy m guinea

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:53 pm

She does! She has so much more energy, and her coat is so shiny now, and to think I did not want to do it for fear of the surgery.

Alysse, she did have one day where she didn't poop very much, but I got her through with handfeeding and pumpkin mash. I hope Mama Cherry does well!