Diarrhea + fit

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm

Ok, no enema. Josephine thinks that it is a pain response. I've increased her pain meds and stopped the Baytril.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:30 pm

ok, scratch that. DECREASING the Rimadyl.

knoeddelmeister

Post   » Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:40 pm

I'm sorry to read that Meg is feeling so bad. She looked pretty good yesterday.

Maybe, the Baytril did upset her stomach. This seemed to have happen to Martha. When that's the case, she should be feeling better by tomorrow morning.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:12 pm

I hope so. The city could come to inspect as early as 8 a.m. tomorrow. I wasn't supposed to have any pigs here but they will just have to deal with it.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:22 am

Still no poops. It has been 24 hours. I've upped her food intake to 15 ml of CC every 3 hours. She does not seem to be in distress, just not feeling well. Strong enough to fight me on the handfeeding still. She purred when I scratched her chin. That's not like her at all.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:56 pm

2 tiny poops in the cage this a.m. I am taking her back to the vet in a couple of hours.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:06 pm

Her belly is painful

lisam

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:33 pm

Good luck! Poor girl has been through so much. You, too.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:21 pm

We have had a little better luck today. A friend suggested lightly massaging her sides to try to stimulate the bowels and help any gas get out. This worked wonderfully. Meg stretched out and closed her eyes halfway and squeaked and moaned but let me do it. I think she knew that it was helping her. After a little while she stopped moaning and little poops started coming out.

We have repeated this process twice. Afterwards, when I put her back in the cage, she leaves tiny poops everywhere.

I am putting her on Bactrim tonight.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:46 pm

I am so happy to hear things are moving along. For what it's worth, I found Kitten pooped up a storm when I put her in a nice warm comfortable bath. It may be possible to use a vibrator, also.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:52 pm

um....could you clarify that?

kiceberg

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:56 pm

???