Misadventures of Max (and others)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:48 am

Nose looks fine. Red is doing well enough to elude me, and seems to be hopping far less. He's seriously enjoying the cuddle cup Winde made them.

I don't know if Neal's sisters got that big. Kind of doubt it.

Last night Gopher helped me do laundry (by hiding in it) and spent some time on the couch with me and Mr. RS. It was funny, he didn't want much to do with me. He kept going over to Mr. RS and laying against Mr.'s arm. No respect for the one that feeds him!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:28 am

Funny!

Has he forgiven you for calling him stupid?

A family of PEW abbies would be pretty. Especially if they all weighed three and a half pounds.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:04 pm

The Boys Do a Good Deed

They were featured on GuineaPinny's blog. They (and I) hope that the stories help people consider rescuing a pig instead of breeding or buying.

There are misconceptions that boars will never get along, or if they do, they have to be siblings and not have been bred. Steve and probably Jules (we're not sure if the other pigs were his siblings or children) were bred and both of them ended up being terrific pigs that got along after being introduced as adults.

The picture of the six pigs made me smile. My bookends are gone (sniff), but the other four are still here, even if Gopher and Red can't agree to disagree.

Neal lurks in his pigloo and turtles around in it as much as he can. He's such a dork. It helps to not have Gus on the roof (Mr. and I think it looks like Snoopy vulturing). Daft pig SLEEPS up there.

Red loves soft things. The bed Winde made them is a favorite. If I stand to the side and they know I'm not going to pick them up, I can pet Gus and Red as much as I like, and all they do is squint at me.

Gopher has not learned anything. He still tries to tell me that nnooooo, he will be nice to his brother and not try to eat his face. He lies. He also seems to think that Red will not retaliate said face eating (or other behavior, for that matter). Red does not lie. Red admits he will fight back. Gopher and Red only visit under supervision.

Don't breed or buy. You might miss out on some really wonderful pigs just waiting for a new home.

Happy Halloween!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:04 pm

Woohoo, and now they are celebrities, and for such a good cause. :)

Each of your babies is such a character with his own quicks and personalities.

Wonder RS, thank you for reminding is why do we opt to adopt these little guys in the first place.

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:47 pm

May you live in interesting times!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:40 pm

Aw, thanks. As much as Gopher is a stupidhead and Neal is a grump and Red thinks I'm going to eat him and Gus only cares that I bring him food, I do enjoy the little guys.

Although I'm not sure I want that fortune, Jane! My times are interesting enough already!

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:48 pm

It sounds as though Gopher really has not learned anything.

>Sigh<

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:59 pm

He's learned things. Just not the right things.

He's learned he can lurk on his pigloo same as the house he fell off of. He's learned that he can hassle his brothers next door. He's learned that he can turtle around in his pigloo. He even learned that if he's enough of a jerk, he can get into the other pen (and knock everything over in the process).

I learned after that one, too. I made him a sturdier pen with more zip ties.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:26 am

So maybe he's smarter than you think?

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:48 pm

Perhaps. Or perhaps he's just like Max who bashed his way through life (and that's how he broke his playpen and got stuck under the fridge).

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:27 pm

Your boys are so determined, RS. I love their spirit. :)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Spirit...yeah, that's what they have...spirit.

Did I mention that Gus sleeps on top of the big pigloo and to save Neal from being peed on I put a blanket up there?

Did I also mention that even with this adaptation, Neal still doesn't wash properly and needs a bath?