Diarrhea + fit

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:01 pm

Perhaps it is more for gas -- but I remember someone recommending a vibrator. Don't get any weird ideas, now.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:04 pm

Do you mean for me or Meg?

Becky

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:29 am

My vet told me to use a vibrator on Chippy to keep the sludge from settling in one spot and causing excessive irritation.

I innocently replied that I didn't own one.

Chary, hope Meg keeps doing better.

pinta

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:52 am

Try holding an electric toothbrush while on, nonbristle side, against the tummy.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:26 am

oh! on her stomach.

Why do you think she keeps bloating up?

pinta

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:31 am

I'm assuming on the stomach, or on the sides - wherevever you're massaging.

It sounds like she has motility problems. Abigail developed motility problems after her spay, requiring Reglan twice a day. I have no idea if the lack of motility is related the spay or not.

melcvt00

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:55 am

Chary already has Meg on Reglan.

knoeddelmeister

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:59 pm

My vet in San Jose told me that the anesthetic can cause motility problems (slowing down that is). It should be better after a while. But every pig is different and some suffer more and longer then others. Age plays a role also. How old is Meg, any idea?

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:06 pm

No idea. Julian or Teresa might know.

She is full of gas again and hasn't pooped in 7 hours. Back to the vet we go, around 3:00.

knoeddelmeister

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:12 pm

Those pigs can keep one busy...
I would give her some Simethicone to help her with the gas.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:52 pm

I did. Mylanta, like the vet ordered. And Reglan. A massage. Still no poops. Her belly is big and tight. I am going to give her SQ now. 4 hours until the vet visit.

Teresa

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:41 pm

I can't remember which sow this is, but I don't think any of them are what we would consider to be seniors, although I think as a group, they appear to have a significantly shorter life span.