Very puzzled

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:15 pm

All my heart pigs have a lot of gas on xray.

You can see pics of their xrays here:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/a10101/xrays/

And read about other symptoms here:

https://www.guinealynx.info/heart.html

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:35 pm

Read over the gl heart page closely. It has a lot of info on it.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:48 pm

Thank you Mum and Lynx. I have read the heart pages but unless Bug is having one of her "episodes" nothing is different with her.

I have wondered in the back of my mind whether she might have heart issues but her looking good x-rays have thrown me off. I think I'll try printing the x-ry pics and see about getting Bug started on a trial of lotesin. I'll print out whatever dosing info there is as well.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:48 pm

Thank you Mum and Lynx. I have read the heart pages but unless Bug is having one of her "episodes" nothing is different with her.

I have wondered in the back of my mind whether she might have heart issues but her looking good x-rays have thrown me off. I think I'll try printing the x-ray pics and see about getting Bug started on a trial of lotesin. I'll print out whatever dosing info there is as well.

pinta

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:24 pm

Heart pigs tend to have gas and enlarged livers.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:28 pm

Sorry for the double post here.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:39 pm

Bug is not allowed to be sick - EVER!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:21 pm

Ok, I'm convinced, it's off to the vet in a couple of days to discuss a heart meds trial. Question, once they are on meds does the gas either lessen or go away?

I know Deb. If you read this entire thread, you'll see she doesn't listen very well!

pinta

Post   » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:10 pm

Yes, it does lessen since they find it easier to breathe and stop swallowing air while eating.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:22 pm

From Bug's Mom: (This info was what the Vet showed to help Bug with her Gas issues.)

"The massage is done between the rib cage and the hips with a firm but gentle squeeze. The further away from the backbone you are the less likely to damage any organs within the given parameters."

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:29 pm

Again, I'm indebted to Debi for posting pics. I hope these pictures will help others who have gassy piggies. This technique has certainly helped Lady Bug to expel her gas until the Cisipride can kick in.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:39 pm

Lynx, Debi and Bugs Mom: can we have those photos hosted here?