Very puzzled

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:06 pm

Thank you Talishan. I was beginning to think the pictures were not going to be of any value to anyone but me.

You have both my permission and the permission of Lady Bug's doctor to do anything you want with the pics.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:46 pm

Thanks! I'd be very happy to have them hosted here! I'll go add them to the board.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:49 pm

Glad Lynx is posting for future use.

I am just the thread poster, these pictures belong to Bug's Mom.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:51 pm

Our pleasure especially if it saves some little fur face some discomfort and pain.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:55 pm

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks very much.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:22 pm

Just brought this up to ask for good thoughts for my Lady Bug. After our one and only compounding pharmacy was closed for remodel, I was finally able to get the Lotinsen this afternoon.

I've started her on it tonight. Please keep your fingers crossed it works and the "strange episodes" just go away. Thanks.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:06 am

Great news!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:25 am

I'm using your dosing recommendations Mum. Thank you for giving them to me. I also intend to weigh her before every dose just to see what happens.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Keep us posted. I suspect you're going to see a big difference.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:28 am

I have another question for Mum or anyone else who has given Lotinsen. LB is now up to the 0.5 dosage and has been since the night before last.

When she got her very first dose on 11/14 she weighed 2lbs 9.5oz. As of this morning she weighs 2lbs 6 3/4 oz. Is this a lot of loss in so few days? She is passing gas by herself more readly and massages done by me don't produce any. I would think that's a good thing, right?

She is eating a very little less of her pellets and lettuce but still pooing and peeing a normal amount for the amount of food consumed. Her Lotinsen is compounded into a banana flavor and is quite sticky. Could it be sweet enough to affect her appetite?

I'm just wondering what's going on. Any ideas at all?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:35 am

That's a large enough weightloss to raise alarms: however, it's possible that she was retaining a great deal of fluid before the lotensin.

I've never found lotensin to affect the pigs' appetites.