For the love of Pete! Ozzy's med thread

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:41 am

I'm leaving in an hour and 1/2 for the weekend. I was cleaning the cages and notice Ozzy making some weird noises, higher pitched than his normal "I love my cow very much" noises.

When I get to his cage and towels, there is a pink spot on the towel and the cow is no where near that spot. I watch closely while I work on his cage. Sure enough he pees again, squeaking and leaving a pink spot.

WHY do they do this to us before we leave? Russell did the same thing recently.

I still have some AB's left. I am going to dose right now and call vet to get in on Monday. I hope he takes meds well so I can have someone give him a dose tonight and tomorrow a.m.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:43 am

Ozzy, you naughtly boy. UTI's are not allowed when Mom is going away. I hope all goes well, STF, and Ozzy makes a full recovery.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:46 am

Snort. Didn't you know? Guinea pigs have finely-tuned internal calendars that sense when it's after-hours at the vet (or when the "good" vet isn't on-call), weekends, and major holidays.

Seriously, I hope Ozzy feels better soon. :)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:27 pm

Oh Jeez. Only to you. This happens only to you.

If you read this call us if you (or your sitter) need help. We have some Bactrim I can bring over if needed.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:22 pm

We are home. Oz took his first dose pretty well Sat morning before I left and I drew out 2 more doses to be given while we were gone. The pet sitters didn't have any trouble getting him to take it. They didn't even have to pick him up to give it to him.

He seems to be feeling better (not crying while peeing) but I am still going to get him in to the vet (if she's not off all week-it being a holiday and all). He's my old man and I do not want to chance anything with his health. He's my most precious right now since he had such a rough beginning and he deserves the best for as long as I can give it to him.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:39 pm

Feel better and only have an infection, Ozzyboy!!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:56 pm

Good thoughts for Ozzy!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:39 pm

Keep us posted.

crazycheryl

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:30 pm

Fingers & toes crossed for the Ozzy-man.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:58 pm

How is our Ozzyman doing today?
And how are you holding up STF?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:02 pm

The Oz is still taking his meds like a trooper. No crying but we still have our vet appt on Friday. I'll post when I get back from there (well, not RIGHT after I get back-it's a busy day for us so no worries if you don't see anything till Sat even).

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:58 am

Ozzy had his visit with Dr. A. She wants us to keep up the AB's for another week and bring him back on the 4th for a urine check. He was not able to give us any on Friday.

He did cry a little when she was checking his bladder. She felt it must still be a little tender for some reason. I don't much like it when a doctor squeezes my insides though so I can imagine it doesn't feel great to a pig either!

I feel like he's doing much better. I am still keeping a close eye on him to see if I notice any discomfort or straining when he urinates.