For the love of Pete! Ozzy's med thread

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:25 pm

Good news about Ozzy. Keep getting better little guy.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:32 pm

I am going to pick him up right now. Dr. A said she is thrilled that he is urinating on his own through his penis after all that happened! I get to keep him home too! I don't have to bring him back on Monday unless there is a problem or concern. Hooray. His next follow up will be Tuesday just for a prelim follow up. If all is still ok then I don't have to bring him back until his staples come out.

Joannt
Wheekness for Pigs

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:40 pm

Let's here it for the Oz-man! Good news and I hope Ozzy continues to improve with some TLC.

GP Estates
Supporter in '08

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Excellent news!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:42 pm

<exhale>

crazycheryl

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:00 pm

Go Ozzy!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:16 pm

Good news indeed! I hope things continue to improve.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Great news!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:28 pm

Good for you Ozzy! Now stay well.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:10 am

I had to chuckle about your vet being pleased that Ozzy urinated through his penis. I thought, "Well, where else would he urinate from?" I'm so relieved to hear the Great and Glorious Oz is improving. Keep getting better, Big Guy!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:50 am

I guess that did sound odd, Bethie! But when the wall to your tube leading from bladder to penis is punctured, well, you can imagine what *could* happen.

He peed in my lap last night but not very much. I don't think he's drinking like he should be so I'm going to have to torture him with some power hour syringing!

He's very sleepy but I've seen him eating hay and a few pellets. He was not very happy with me this morning as I gave him a barrage of meds.

How will I know when to stop the Buprinex? He's getting .02 ml every 8-12 hours. I think this is what might be making him so sleepy but I don't want him in pain either.

I go back to the vet on Tuesday so I'll give it till then? Unless I run out. She only gave me a teeny tiny amount.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:42 am

How is Ozzy feeling?