For the love of Pete! Ozzy's med thread

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:58 pm

You're a great guy Ozzy. Glad you are doing so well.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:41 pm

whew

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:48 am

I'm worried again. His poops are tiny. Like the babies' are. And today he seems blah.

I have white towels in his cage too and it seems like there are bigger spots of color. But it's hard to tell if it's blood in the urine or just normal pee because when normal pee dries it has a tinge to it, doesn't it?

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:02 am

Oh Ozzy. You don't have to difficult just 'cause it's Sunday. Our boys wee always dries kind of orangey. Hopefully, it's just his body still working on adjusting.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:45 am

Aww Poor sweetie pie. I hope he feels better really soon !

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:42 am

I hope all remains great with you Ozzy. Keep up the good healing you've been doing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:44 am

Increase fluids, hand feed? On pain meds?

I hope he perks up.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:12 pm

He is on Metacam. In fact, yesterday I thought I'd try not giving him any since he was doing so well. Maybe that's why he was blah. He still may have discomfort in his belly.

I weighed him today and he's holding steady. I will try to increase fluids. He's eating hay just fine. He seems to be off his pellets some, but I'm not in the room 24/7 either. He has a cagemate so it's hard to tell if it's just one or both eating them.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:43 pm

"because when normal pee dries it has a tinge to it, doesn't it?"

Yes. My rule of thumb is that if the color is completely even -- as if you were looking at water with food coloring in it -- then it's likely not a problem. Blood, any blood, gives a clumpy appearance. Even if it's super diluted, it still shows spots, to one degree or another, for the most part.

I bet he picks up if you resume his Metacam. Call if you need anything.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:21 pm

I did give him his Metacam this morning again. My bad for thinking he could do with out it. Poor little guy.

He's still kind of blech today but I've seen him out and about from the pigloo, munching hay. He ate a few veggies but I'm not giving him a lot of those on purpose (soft stools).

He gets around great! You'd never know he had any surgery. I'll keep a close eye and keep everyone posted on changes. Otherwise, he goes back on Wednesday afternoon for check up and staple removal.

Something tells me Murphy (who is going in for a neuter) is not going to be the model patient that Ozzy is!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:24 pm

Ozzy, are you feeling any less *bleh* now?
Let us know when solid poops arrive.

Something tells me Murphy (who is going in for a neuter) is not going to be the model patient that Ozzy is!
Breathe STF, one thing at a time! :p

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:04 am

More good thoughts for Ozzy. I hope he is having a comfortable night.