Widget is terrified and we don't know why

rshevin

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:43 pm

Static is a very interesting hypothesis! Definitely within the realm of possibilities.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:25 pm

Static scares the heck out of me when it's unexpected. I can imagine what a piggie must think when they get that little shock.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Of course, it could have been a ghost.

Widget watched TV on the couch with me for about a half hour tonight, a big warm bundle curled up with just his nose peeking out from under a towel.

MommyofGus

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 pm

My vote is still with ghosts.

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:57 pm

Yeah, I vote ghosts too.

Have I told you about the wooden hidey house our pigs have? It was Rocky's favorite spot, he used to hang out there all the time. After he died, Apollo went into the house once, almost like he was looking for Rocky, but then didn't go in the house for the weeks or months. Apollo loved sit on top of the house or behind it, but never inside. I was telling a friend about this and she said "Well, maybe Apollo won't go inside because Rocky is still there." I found that oddly comforting, and just a little bit creepy.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:46 am

There were times were I would have sworn I saw a blur of white zip by, in the cage or under the dinning table where Gilbert got to play during his last few months. Anything is possible.

The cuddle cup that Widget absolutely would not go back in to used to be Gilbert's. I just started putting them back in the cage a couple of weeks ago because they're warm and snuggly and it's now getting cold around here.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:55 am

Ooh. That IS weird! Gil was in there chattering his teeth. "MY cuddle cup. Stay out!"

Piggster

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:44 am

There were times were I would have sworn I saw a blur of white zip by

So, I'm not the only one here that has experienced this. Twice in the last year since Derek passed away, I have sworn I've seen something whoosh by in the big cage, yet all four pigs were still sleeping/resting in pigloos or their timber houses when I checked afterwards. All four were in the same places as they were before the event occurred.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:06 am

So, I'm not the only one here that has experienced this.

I'm glad it's not just Jim and me, either! I suppose it could just be wishful thinking, but the universe is vast and complicated. So who knows?

Akcavywhisperer

Post   » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:18 am

What is sludge pile?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:57 am

www.guinealynx.info/.html#urine