Should I worry? Lazy "rag doll" pig

pinta

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:34 am

It's plenty functional unless people post things the wrong way. Bats knows the right terminology.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:19 am

Relic?

poppypiggy

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:27 pm

Yes, I think relic is the right word - something left behind (alive) when the rest of it is extinct!

By the way - since some of us unfortunate and untalented people have a tendency to post things the wrond way, why not get a new browser? Since Lynx recommended Opera, I downloaded it last year, and really like it, so I can recommend it as well. (Besides Opera is Norwegian, and I just got a very nice collegue who worked for Opera until he started by us, so I can be patriotic, practical and not support Microsoft more than I need to at the same time!)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:34 pm

I think she's also stubborn.
The thing to learn though, is if you want her to read your posts, do not include any clickable pictures. That's what I can't fix. I managed to make it so you can see pics but if I fixed the links too, it means there would be a break in every sentence with a link.

pinta

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:42 am

I don't support microsoft. I'm on a mac with netscape and I like the email function which I use more than the browser. Transferring all my email files(I have a lot) to something else when I'm perfectly happy with what I have makes no sense. Really don't have the time to upgrade for no good reason.

poppypiggy

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:41 am

Thank you for that knowledge, Lynx! I thought I was so clever because I got this video from my vet, but apparently not! Ha-ha!

I understand you very well, pinta! My first experience with computers (in the '80's) was with Mac, in the university, and I loved it. But the lap top I have now belongs to work, and I can use that at home as well. I guess my principles aren't strong enough, or I would have bought a Mac so I could boycott Microsoft at home!

Thank you for that knowledge, Lynx! And I thought I was so clever because I got this video from my vet. Ha-ha!

I understand you very well, pinta! My first experience with computers (in the '80's) was with Mac, in the university, and I loved it. But the lap top I have now belongs to work, and I can use that at home as well. I guess my principles aren't strong enough, or I would have bought a Mac so I could boycott Microsoft at home!

Anyway - I looked over the recent pictures on the digital camera, and found I had taken some pictures of Poppy two days before I discovered her bad eye. I couldn't see anything then, but when looking at the picture I can see a little white streak on the cornea in the area her stitches were.

First a photo of her sweet face two days before I noticed anything (I can't resist!):

and a close up of her eye

Poppy's eye three days after surgery - really gross looking and undoubtedly painful

And her eye now - all stitches gone, and her wise look is back

As you can see some blood vessels are still there, but I think they eventually will be less visible, and Poppy's sight in that eye accordingly better.

I hope this can be of some help for others as well.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:42 am

The eye itself was stitched? I didn't know you could do that! Anyway, if it's okay with you, I can add these pics to the forum so they'll be available in the future.

Pinta, neither Opera nor FireFox are microsoft browsers. I'm pretty sure both could be used on a MAC. There are non microsoft options which are more uptodate.

And you can have multiple browsers on one computer. I love how Opera works but use an older version because the newer one doesn't provide as much download info (or I can't figure out how to set it so it does). There are other options. You just don't want to try them :-)

poppypiggy

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:04 pm

Lynx, yes, the cornea was stitced. First I didn't want to watch, but after a while I got so qurious I had to see how the vet did it. Quite impressive to me! And I guess this was a proof that he is a good suregeon.

You are very welcome to add the pictures to the forum. I might also be able to get some better ones from the vet, with the stitches clearly visible - he has promised to mail some to me, but it seems I have to remind him. I put them on here if/when I get them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:18 pm

Oh, that would be great! If you happen to talk to him, ask what kind of material he used to stitch the eye.

Thanks for the pics. I will have to remember to add them later.

3Smithboys

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:05 pm

Pinta, I don't mean to butt in - I also use a Mac because my school gave all of the teachers laptops. You can have more than one internet browser and an email server at one time. (I apologize if you are aware.) Right now I have Microsoft Entourage for email, Firefox for all of my school web based applications, and Safari for all of my own internet browsing. This site works fine using Safari, (and I think I've also gone on through Firefox as well.)

It's easy to have icons on your dashboard of each of the programs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:59 pm

3Smithboys, she has a pretty old operating system too (I am guessing). I think her big problem is that the software she needs to use to earn a living requires these old systems and would not work on the newer ones, therefore she sticks with what she has.
Assuming she has the same old computer with the same old operating system, not sure if Safari would work but it would be great if it did (and she was willing to use it).

pinta

Post   » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:31 pm

yup, mac g-3 original version. If I run several windows at once, it slows down too much. Since I check my email frequently, I want the email browser on the screen. I use the PC laptop for accessing banksites etc but can't stand typing on a PC keyboard. I keep losing everything I write and I have no idea what button did it or what will bring it back. And it takes forever to edit on a PC. Not very intuitive.

Waiting to upgrade since PC and Mac compatible software is just around the corner.