HELP ME!- all six of them have this!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:37 pm

I thought about something else to dress her feet too: Barbie socks, then taped on. would be even more comfy for them lil paws!
Lots of lil people eating tonight: salad, green beans, blackberries ( no a frank success with that) and carrots. Everybody eats good.
I'll celebrate this fine evening with a glass of wine, pâté and French bread!Hurray, we have things under control!!!

PaisCashGingGang

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:01 am

You are doing a great job with this situation.
I can see it has been very difficult for you and the piggies.

Your piggies are very loved.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:30 am

Good news! Fingers and toes crossed that they keep getting better.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:00 pm

New pictures of the evolution:
around the eye: nothing much
this was taken of the 14th
and this one on the 16 ( today)

My husband went to get more Monistat cream, by the same company he bought a powder-gel called SOOTHING CARE. it seems to be a powder-gel, preventing chafing from moisture, heat and movement. Could it be good??? Maybe to apply after the regular Monistat cream? What do you all think???

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Looks like there is improvement of the skin but more hair loss?

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Yes but only on the top of their head....for now...

CavyGal6680

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:46 pm

I'm so sorry. My baby has been itching more than normal now too. I am not quite sure what to do... but that's in a separate post. I hope yours get better ASAP!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:35 am

Sweet Lord have mercy! All three older piggies are now almost hairless. I have no idea what to do more. Should I already give them another Nizoral bath? The next dose of Ivermectin is in 3 days. I cream them abundantly with Monistat and now I feel I am itching all over too. Psychological? maybe...
I am so discouraged!
I clean and wash and bleach and nothing seems to go better. The wounds heal but the hair loss is increasing dramatically.
Am I ever going to see the end of this?!!!!!!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:44 am

This is so frustrating and stressful for you. It is good that the wounds are healing, though.

I wish I had expert advice for you, but I can only sympathize. I hope they show improvement and more hair after their next treatment.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:50 am

it hurts just to look them!!!
They scratch , itch, cry. I pet them a bit but mainly leave them alone: they must be fed up with me creaming them and manipulating them not so gently to apply the cream.
Can....they die from this?????????

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:17 am

I was thinking too: Lamisil; is this something like Monistat?
In the description in the medical care guide in GL, it is question of Steroids ( Itchy and Scratchy pictures»). Am I supposed to give them that? If so, where can I get this?
Last edited by 1aicha on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:19 am

Oh no. Poor babies! Did you ever receive a specific diagnosis? Maybe some more vet consultation is in order?