Introductions - Fighting!

ramzo19

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:15 am

The only way I would consider taking them is if I could take down/reassemble my C&C for a week at my parent's place, otherwise its a 35 minute drive each way so I would leave them at mine for a few days at a time. My roomate will be here so he can give them veggies etc while I'm gone. At the end of the day, may be too much to handle, especially so soon after putting them together and still not having them be 100% comfortable with it.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:45 am

"but if they are in such tight quarters I don't want something bad breaking out while I'm driving."

You are wise to consider this possibility. My girls get along, but they do not like sharing a carrier. I once tried putting them together in a large pet carrier for a vet visit, and they squabbled.

If you want to bring the pigs with you, I know that some GL member build temporary car carriers out of C&C materials, and other use the tall, plastic Rubbermaid bins.

ramzo19

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:02 am

That's a really good idea, maybe I can make a 2x1 with a divider that can strap in some how, that way they are still next to each other but can't get in trouble.

There's no issue if they are separated for 1hr or so right? As in losing some of the progress they've made learning to be roomates so early in the process?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:12 am

Use zip ties to make the carrier extra-sturdy for the car ride.

I have not had any problems when my girls rejoin after one goes to the vet. However, I always put them together in their floor area pen first, rather than the cage. I give them a small snack to share.

mags
Glad to Support

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:27 am

Sorry, nevermind!
Last edited by mags on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mags
Glad to Support

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:28 am

X 2! :)