HELP ME!- all six of them have this!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:29 am

If I get both ( because it is sure that griseo is on its way) , should I give them both, maybe some time in between?
I believe the Program is much, much easier on the pig. From what I understand it's very effective, so I can't really see why one would use something known to be harsher on the system.

I would also carry on with the Ivermectin just to be sure. It can take a good number of treatments to get all pigs cleared of mites if the outbreak has been particularly severe.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:31 am

Mum: thank you : now pray I can convince my vet of giving me program!!!! ( I wish I would be in a big city now, seems easier to get what you need).

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:18 pm

Even if it isn't ringworm, program may still work. I never got a definitive answer about ringworm on Frizzle's back but the program cleared whatever caused the hairloss in one area.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:46 pm

Went to the vet this p.m. Culture is negative for ringworm. . She doesn't want to give program, says that with several very severe infestation like the pigs here we best go with more aggressive meds. Can't but follow the doc's advice. They had their 1rst dose this evening, with a bit of fat ( she said it makes the organism absorb the medication better.
One time a day for 14 days.
I chose nuts ( sunflower seeds, without the shells0 as a fat source. Any other idea?

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:11 pm

Flaxseed oil- about 1cc

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Culture is negative for ringworm. . She doesn't want to give program, says that with several very severe infestation like the pigs here we best go with more aggressive meds. Can't but follow the doc's advice. They had their 1rst dose this evening, with a bit of fat ( she said it makes the organism absorb the medication better.
I'm totally confused:

They don't have ringworm
They're not having Program.

What are you giving them a dose of, then, that must be mixed with oil?

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:37 pm

Flaxseed oil, good idea: wouldn't have thought of that.

Mum: Griseofulvin. Maybe the culture was negative because I had already begun the preventive treatment and baths etc with the pigs when I actually discovered they were REALLY sick. Honestly, I can't quite remember if they had their Nizoral bath before. Could be a false negative.
Last edited by 1aicha on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:40 pm

Why would you give this if the culture if negative?

From what I understand, this can be very harsh on their systems. I absolutely would not give it without a firm diagnosis of ringworm - which you don't have.

Incidentally, I just Googled, and Program is available without a prescription.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:43 pm

Mum: you are right. She even said it could be hard on their kidneys.
So your call would be to make another skin culture first before continuing with the meds?

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:46 pm

No, just do program.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:51 pm

I am trying to see right now with a clinic in Montreal how /what I can do. The clinic is called Clinique DMV. Might have more success there.
Anyone can point me to store online, Canada, that sells Program without prescription?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:52 pm

I wouldn't touch that drug. I would just do Program. It works, and you can find it on the internet (from a reputable place) with no prescription.

You can get it from any number of places, including Drs Foster and Smith