Tales of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle

poppypiggy

Post   » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:10 am

I am sorry you lost your remarkable miss Sparky, webs - she had the most adorable face, and I loved the picture of her and the juice!

I have been a great Beatrix Potter fan since early childhood, and The Story of Miss Tiggy-Winkle is among the favorites, so I think Miss Tiggy is a very good name for cute little piggy girl! She is so lucky to be with you in stead being bred from an early age by irresponsible people.

Yay for the person who rescued her, and for you taking her in - and for the bold little Miss Tiggy herself!

More stories and pictures, please!

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:00 am

What a cutie pie. I think Tiggly-Winkle is a great name. Yes, more story and pics please.

papiggieluverz

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:10 am

She is beautiful and I can't get over how cute that name is!

Can't wait to hear how her story continues.

Fossil Barb

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:55 pm

Precious pics. More story and pictures, please!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am

To continue with the great piggy tales! Tiggy has been a little star in her toilet training because basically I haven't done anything! She hasn't really disgraced herself yet and soon discovered what the litter trays were for within a couple of days. She only slept in her own cage the first few nights to make sure Chiili wouldn't bully her over the sleeping arrangements or breakfast. The first night she was in the shared cage with Chilli she did whine and gnaw at the bars but that was only till she realized the pigs did get out again in the morning!

I only have room for a large pet store cage but the piggies have the added bonus of a ramp to come and go from breakfast to bedtime - usually mine which can be pretty late!
So far for a youngster, she hasn't been too destructive - one corner of my wardrobe has been 'tasted' and one of the ends of a lace on my Timberland boots has now become a frizzy mess minus it's plastic tip. Guess that's what she thinks of my taste in outdoor footwear!

Oh, Tiggy!

Until she's bigger, I have had to put towels around the trolley supporting the cage as Tiggy soon discovered she was small enough to crawl underneath. Fair enough she can crawl out again, but the wails of woe coming from under the cage at teatime would have been enough to get the SPCA involved on suspicion of animal abuse. Boy, does that small furry beastie have a loud voice!

In fact, Tiggy doesn't approve of silence. She greets me when I get in with a sound that's similar to a high pitched whine crossed with a ghost from Scooby Doo! She will squeak, screech or wail at any noise really. The door opening, the sliding door to the kitchen, the fridge, running water, the classic plastic bag rustle, crockery and cutlery noises, cupboard doors closing, the TV, the computer and me sneezing! Piggies must be pre-programmed that any noise can potentially bring food if they try hard enough.

This little pig is also the first pig in my household to truly appreciate the Super Pet furniture! At long last it has been worth buying. I have the chair and bed set up together and Tiggy loves bouncing and popcorning over them.
There is evidence that she enjoys lounging in a quiet moment and also that she thinks the chair doubles up as a toilet facility. Ah, well, you can't have everything perfect all the time. :o)

Chilli has been very good at teaching manners and the value of 'quiet time'. Sadly this may be due in part to her not being in full health as she is showing signs of kidney problems and possible heart issues, spending much of her time resting. Tiggy does calm down however, long enough to catch her breath and will chill out with Chilli in their favourite corners. Under this lilac fleece there is actually two bumps. The smaller one on the left is called Tiggy, the larger on the right is Chilli!
This white coroplast box is a play box with several entrances and a tunnel and litter tray with hay and other food stuffs that get added from time to time. Keeps the main areas belonging to me free of hay and other piggy bits - in theory anyway. A high speed sprint through the box does tend to leave a trail of hay in its wake though. Tiggy does love her zooming about. :o)

The original coroplast box has been downsized slightly, in some mistaken idea that the smaller one would make less mess... hah!

Sitting in the back corner, just as you find at any major outdoor event there is the temporary public conveniences. The blue piggy travel box has newspaper and hay in it so they can sit and catch up on what piggies do best, eating and pooping. However, newcomers may have to queue at the door until some kindly elder allows them entrance. :o)

Last but not least, the tall cupboard floor has also been taken over, now affectionately called 'House at Pooh Corner' as there can be quite a pile of 'magic beans' in the cosies depending on how inactive the piggies have been.
The original inhabitants, Sparky and Chilli in their favourite spot.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:08 pm

To finish this little chapter, the first official portrait of Her Majesty. Hopefully in future, with a little more practice, we may manage without the bribery.
No chance! Where's the exit?
Haven't we finished yet?!

Tiggy is now on an extended 'holiday' with Chilli and myself, back at my parents while my kitchen gets ripped out and replaced.

The next chapter is from there, where after a shy start, Tiggy is coming out of her shell and hasn't disappointed with her noisy little greetings - to anyone and everyone in passing!

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:12 pm

It looks like Miss Tigg is settling in well. She sure is cute. Chili seems to be doing a good job of teaching Tiggy the ways of the world. We have a portaloo like that for when we're outside. Maise used to stand in the entrance and survey her kingdom.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:19 pm

Mrs. Tiggy and Chilli have such a fun play area! How wonderful that Tiggy enjoys her pet furniture. :)

I love the photo of Sparky and Chilli, too. Very sweet.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:27 pm

What a cute spunky little girl.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:30 pm

I love the bedroom shot, feels just like home! :)
House of Pooh, funny!

papiggieluverz

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:33 pm

I love Mrs. Tiggy's nose! :)

Fossil Barb

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Love her fuzziness and what a cute face.