new pig does not like veggies!

tiggyswift

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Teeth sunk in.......GRRRRRRRR........will keep you posted! Waiting for District Manager to get back to me now, seeing as the General Manager of the store can't seem bother to contact me. Company policy states that ALL ANIMALS in stores are to be checked head to toe on an hourly basis (LOL)! Anybody think they actually follow that policy???????? I will not quit until I win this!! It isn't even about the money, it is the fact that those poor animals live in horrible conditions!!!!!! Junior is going to live like a king for the rest of his life!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:40 pm

I just love a vicious decent pet guardian! :-)

More like you (I am a coward), and the chains would be out of business.

tiggyswift

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:49 pm

I am not always like that, but when it comes down to it, I can be! On the phone, usually, but not face to face! I am usually a coward then! I am trying to offer him the Cavy Cuisine, but he will not eat it! He will only eat the alfalfa based pellets! Is this bad for him? I have offered it several times, and he just won't touch it!How can I get him to change without messing his eating up? He is doing so well I don't want to ruin that. Should I wait until he is in with Elmo? He is like Mikey, and will eat ANYTHING!!!!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:18 pm

He will only eat the alfalfa based pellets! Is this bad for him?
Babies need some alfalfa in their diet, so the pellets are a good thing.

tiggyswift

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Oops, I think I goofed! Mikey is a finicky kid that won't eat much, isn't he? That definitely ISN"T Elmo! He will eat anything he is given!! When I adopted him in April, he did not know what veggies or hay were, and would only eat pellets, and was scared to death!!!! He had lived in a basement because the mother did not like the mess he made! Shame, isn't it? At least she had sense enough to bring him to a shelter. It is sad that there are so many animals in the world, and not enough animal lovers!

tiggyswift

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Guess what!!!! I won my case!!!!! I am so happy, we finally got justice for Junior!!!! When my case was forwarded to the District Manager, he responded in less than 24 hours! Amazing, isn't it?
That was yesterday. Today, the general manager of the store called me to let me know that all I have to do is submit my bills to the store and I will receive a corporate check. Also, any follow up care will be covered. Yeah!!! JUSTICE FOR JUNIOR!!!!!!!! He still needs further treatment for the lice, and possible dental xrays to rule out dental issues. He drops pellets sometimes, and bites them in half sometimes before he eats them. The other day, it looked like he bit every one in half. I have never seen this before, or heard of a GP doing this. Anyway, he eats enough to maintain his weight, and eats a few different veggies, as well as hay and some pellets. He eats maybe 1 ounce of pellets a day, sometimes less. He seems to eat more at night, than during the day. I am so happy!!!!!

Topaz

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Good job! *big pat on back*

Are you perhaps happy about this, by any chance?!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:25 pm

Congrats! I forget, which petstore?

tiggyswift

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Yes, I am happy, can you tell???? I got Justice for Junior!!! I sent the District Manager an email telling him that all the animals there need treatment for lice, and I hope he makes sure it is done. I spoke to the General Manager of the store and told him I didn't expect an answer until Monday, as I figured any District Manager would be off for the weekend. He said that the DM was available whenever there was a problem, and I definitely sent out a red flag when I contacted him!!! Lynx, the store is Petco. I am thrilled that Junior is doing so well, and winning is the icing on the cake!!!!!!!
He is such a sweetheart, and was meant to be a part of our family!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:56 pm

Congratulations.

Please make *absolutely* sure that if Junior needs any further care, that you take him to YOUR vet and don't let petno assure you that he will be well cared for at their vet.

I don't want to rain on your parade but petno is extraordinarily good at PR. They will pay your bills, hoping you will tell everyone how great and responsive they were. Um. They need to stop selling small animals, period, and they need to ensure those in their care are properly cared for until they do. Not just *tell* you they are.

Having said all that, please don't let what I've said dim your satisfaction, happiness, and destressed bank account at what you have accomplished, for Junior and for yourself. You've done very well. Take pride in it.

tiggyswift

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:25 pm

Talishan, what you have said is exactly what I have said to myself, so I don't think you are raining on my parade. My first mistake was buying a pig from a store, and the second was trying to get them to treat him. I am walking away with my money, and NEVER looking back! Junior will ONLY go to my vet, who I trust totally, and if it is an existing condition, the store will pay for it, but that is it.
He will never have to see that awful place again! I will never tell anyone how responsible they were! That is the last thing they were! I did learn alot from this experience, and am thrilled that I proved them and their vet incompetent to the District Manager!They I think the General manager of the store got a really good a** chewing by his boss, which he fully deserved! Thanks for all the encouragement! It truly was the principal of it all, and not the money! I love Junior with all my heart, no matter where he came from, but will be more selective in the future where my piggies come from!

tiggyswift

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:28 pm

Talishan, what you have said is exactly what I have said to myself, so I don't think you are raining on my parade. My first mistake was buying a pig from a store, and the second was trying to get them to treat him. I am walking away with my money, and NEVER looking back! Junior will ONLY go to my vet, who I trust totally, and if it is an existing condition, the store will pay for it, but that is it.
He will never have to see that awful place again! I will never tell anyone how responsive they were! That is the last thing they were! I did learn alot from this experience, and am thrilled that I proved them and their vet incompetent to the District Manager!They I think the General manager of the store got a really good a** chewing by his boss, which he fully deserved! Thanks for all the encouragement! It truly was the principal of it all, and not the money! I love Junior with all my heart, no matter where he came from, but will be more selective in the future where my piggies come from!