GI Upset

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:35 pm

The problem with Actigall is it's prescription only. I can try suggesting it to the vet, but obviously I'm not in a situation where suggestion is very welcome.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:27 pm

I hear you :-(

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:35 pm

Well guys, it appears I've been telling you all a fib for about a year now. I never thought Piggy and Smudgie were bonded. They always seemed to just kind of co-habitate well together. I had no concerns at all separating them so I could keep a closer eye on Piggy. Well, I put them back in the C&C while I'm doing laundry and Piggy starts put putting about, eating, drinking, MUCH more active than he was in the petstore cage alone. Maybe he just likes the C&C, or maybe he cares more for his brother than I thought. Anyway, they're together in the C&C. I'm not against separating them again, but maybe it's best to keep them together at this point.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:12 pm

See, a little absence makes them grow fonder!
I think it is a good idea to keep them together for now, we don't want to stress little Piggy and maybe he is more relaxed and "at home" with Smudgie by him. :)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:18 pm

Ditto Momo.

I'm tempted to drive over there and get you some Bactrim at gunpoint, but that probably wouldn't help. :-p

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Talishan, thankfully I have bactrim now, after a rather heated discussion with cephalexin doctor telling me I was "being difficult." The thing is, the surgeon who we're seeing tomorrow doesn't know I have it. He would only prescribe baytril but we couldn't really talk as he was out of town and calling into the office. Harder to argue with him that way. Piggy just had his 2nd dose. The doofus doesn't like the taste. ::huff::

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:55 pm

Piggy has lost a little weight today. Not a whole lot for him (he fluctuates a lot) but enough to worry mommy. Will someone please explain why pellets soaked in Pedialyte is ultra yummy but regular pellets from the same bag aren't?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:49 am

Perhaps soaked pellets are something special - like a treat that he usually doesn't get?

Piggy may be relieved to know that my Ginny did not care much for Bactrim, either, so he's not the only one! ;)

We are sending more good thoughts for Piggy, and hoping that he continues to feel well, and enjoy hanging out with Smudgie. He is very special!

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:01 am

Today is my surgeon consult. Wish us luck.

This morning Piggy's weight was the same as last night, so no more loss at least. For the first time, he sucked the Bactrim from the syringe! I guess it changed flavors magically overnight. He was happily munching hay when I woke up and had his wet lettuce and pellet mush.

Last night we snuggled together on the couch like we used to do back when he was an only pig. He happened to pee and it was NORMAL PEE! No blood, no tinge of blood. I'm sure there would still be traces on urinalysis, and I have no reason to believe the stone has passed, but at least we're on the right track.

Halva
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:27 am

Glad to hear he is doing a bit better. I have been worrying about the little fellow.

Good luck for later today.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:37 am

Hoping he keeps doing better. Best luck later today.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:02 am

Good news! I hope things go well today.