Bedding experiment

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:28 pm

I have to say that I love using the fleece. I think it looks better even though I have to hoover poops up every night. I have "pigsat" for piggies that were on aspen and it's ok but I'm for the fleece. :)

Piggiecavyguinea

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:36 pm

Okay, phew. I thought it was some big hassle or something. -breathes in, breathes out-

I know this is completely out of the topic, but..... guess what? I think Truffle's finally getting his C&C!!!!!!!!!!!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:56 pm

I love fleece, but the laundry is killing me with my heavy workload at work and some personal stuff going on at home. I just don't have time or energy right now.

I don't like the expense and mess of Carefresh (and would never go back to pine or aspen), but...it would be great if I only had the fleece to contend with and something underneath that is disposable.

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:57 pm

Incontinent pads? They seem a lot more absorbent than cardboard. They're some $, but not too pricey.

Piggiecavyguinea

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Omigawd. My mom is all "we have something we have to do tonight. But only if your homework is done." She won't tell me what it is, but I think they're going to let me get the cage! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard...

3Smithboys

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:51 pm

I sure hope so! That would be great - keep us posted.

Piggiecavyguinea

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:55 pm

Unfortunately, no. I'm actually pissed beyond belief. I asked her what it was and she was all "Oh, we're watching American Idol tonight."

But the good news is, I'm getting closer to the C&C cage. Really close. Im also getting fleece bedding.

linda_chicha
For Pigs' Sake

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:47 pm

My method is the same as JennG2005. Puppy pads for heavy pee area and newspaper the rest. I clean the poos once a day and change the fleece around 3 or 4 days (depends on how messy it is).

I've been looking into incontience pads (so I can reuse it) but I haven't found one I can effort since I'm going to need around 8 of them.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:31 pm

linda_chicha:
go into babies departments and look for padded *blankets* ( sorry can't find the English correct terms). They can be a tad expensive but look at second hand stores. You can sometimes find treasures there..even for piggies:)
those pads are reusable and absorbs quite a bit.

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:33 pm

You're very close. Here they are called "crib pads." They are absorbent material wrapped around a waterproof plastic core. Just note they aren't THAT absorbent really.

linda_chicha
For Pigs' Sake

Post   » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:41 pm

I tried that (baby section) but never find it. I'm in Australia, by the way. I was gonna buy a second hand bed pad but was outbid in Ebay.

I'll try again. Thanks for the tip.

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:04 am

Really? Maybe Alfie knows about them. She's in Australia and just had a baby!