WalterP's Front Teeth Look Bad

Allysse

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:59 am

Oh Athena... I'm so truly sorry. WalterP was a great mascot for so many of us. I feel like he was part of my growing up. No matter how many years went by, WP was still there for me to remember how it was when I was starting to improve the lives of my guinea pigs. He is a kind of a synesthetic reminder for me. Whenever I saw his wonderful face, I would remember all the good memories from a different time. I am so sad for the way he went, and sad that I never got to hold him in person.

He was so loved, so very loved. Take care.

NiniAriane

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:26 am

I am so sorry, Athena. WalterP looked like he was loved dearly.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:50 am

I'm so sorry about WalterP.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 am

I am so sorry you lost him. How very sad.
Please take care of yourself.

God Speed WalterP, you will be missed.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 am

sorry double post
Last edited by dgarriques on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:07 am

What a nightmare. I'm so sorry.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:13 am

I am so incredibly sorry, Athena.

I loved you too, WalterP. You were an amazing and very good boy.

You are missed already. Say hey to our friends and tell them we miss them.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:18 am

Oh Athena, I'm so sorry you and WalterP had to go through that. And I know how much you'll miss him.

Piggster

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:23 am

WalterP was a great mascot for so many of us

WalterP was one of the first piggies I fell in love with when I first found GL. I'm so, so sorry that you lost him, and particularly after what transpired yesterday. Godspeed WalterP. Thinking of you and your family today Athena and I hope you can find some peace/resolution for this in time.

The circumstances surrounding yesterday always seem to happen when Dr N is not in (he's off Sunday and Mondays). The other non cavy savy vets in this organization need to be better versed about what to do in these emergencies. Besides Dr N, there are other Dr's there that know enough what to do for URI's and bloat, but there are times when Derenzi, Koga, and Jane Johnson are not there too - and in those cases they need to establish what the protocol should be - somebody there needs to draft a document of what needs to be done for critically ill pigs and have this information available in hard copy, or in a shared doc on their network for ALL to access.

I have a personal interest in this as well - I lost my Sarah there three years ago becuase a non cavy savy vet didn't know what to do on a Sunday.

These losses must be vindicated by finding a solution so this doesn't happen again.

Marjorie_61

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:40 am

I am sorry for your loss, truly....when you said he was the reason you realized how much you loved guinea pigs, that is exactly how I feel about my first too, I am sure that is how we all feel. When I lost my first dog after 19 years, that is exactly how I felt. My thoughts are with you. It does get better though, the pain never goes away but you get better at forgetting it hurts and the good memories those will stay with you forever. We are all lucky that we had/have such wonderful friends in our lives. Hugs

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:04 am

I'm so sorry. That was a terrible ordeal for you and WalterP to have to go through. Rest well little one.

Wheekers3

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:35 am

What a nightmare. I am so sorry. Rest in peace, WalterP. He was always a sweetie.