WalterP's Front Teeth Look Bad

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:12 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about WalterP. We will all miss him so much. My heart goes out to you.

Topaz

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Oh no. :( I'm so sorry you lost him.

papiggieluverz

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:04 pm

Oh, I'm truly very sorry for your loss.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:38 pm

I cannot agree more with Piggster's post about this issue.
When I went back the next day to see Dr. Koga for the necropsy, I received conflicting info on about available staff and technicians on the evening before. I felt extremely angry and betrayed that day, why would you call yourself an emergency hospital when you can't see a guinea pig on a Wednesday afternoon at 5pm?
Although I am fully aware even if Meimei was seen by Dr. Naka that day, she would only be offered a peaceful passing, but it still hurts knowing that I spent that afternoon so helpless and hopeless with my little girl.

I am not sure about the data sharing, in my experiences with Dr. Naka, Koga and Johnson, they all seemed to be able to access to our piggy files.

By voicing and projecting our concerns, we can only hope it will bring about better organization and changes to better help other pets that comes in through that door...

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 pm

*hugs* to you, Athena. Kyle too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:15 pm

I am so terribly sorry for you and your son, Athena. I know you had Walter's best interest at heart, no matter how badly it was handled by the office staff.

I would encourage Dr. Nakamura to write up clear guidelines for dealing with bloat and to publish them on VIN or here.

Athena
Notorious P.I.G.

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Thank you everyone. I can't tell you how hard it is today. I'm a scattered mess and still have "business" type stuff to do, like I'm getting a DirectTV dish installed today. Most of what I've done today is look at urns.

My daughter is home sick, which isn't helping... We've been waiting four days for Netflix to spend an animated version of Wizard of Oz. It's not often requested so it was coming from Texas. It finally just came, I began to play it, and it turns out they freaking sent the regular one! I was really counting on that disc to keep her busy!

Lynx, what is VIN?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:38 pm

www.vin.com
The veterinary information network. I think he might have an article published on there already (or maybe somewhere else?).

It's a subscription veterinary site.
We're a free site so the material is more freely available.

quiltluvr

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard enough to lose a beloved pet without all the bad events you experienced. My thoughts are with you.

crazycheryl

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Poor little WalterP. I'm sorry y'all lost your little buddy. Rest well WalterP, you were loved by many.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Something very much like this happened with one of ours. I empathize and completely understand how you feel about how it all happened, on top of the loss of WalterP's life.

Remember him at his best. Try to take some comfort in knowing you and your daughter were doing your best to get him the help he needed.

Godspeed and safe passage, WalterP. We love you and will never forget you.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm sorry, Athena.