Coco's tooth

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:08 pm

Just watch his bite. Incisor problems can cause molar problems => malocclusion because if it hurts to eat, they'll chew only on one side, just like we would.

We're dealing with just exactly this in one of ours right now.

Marjorie_61

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Yeah thats what I was thinking, glad I am not the only one going through this. I am going to bring him to a vet to check his molars in about a week, once I'm back in a bigger city that has the proper vets

Marjorie_61

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:57 am

Well woke up this morning to medicate Coco and the tooth was loose so I pulled the upper portion off so he wouldn't swallow it.

Marjorie_61

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:58 am

ok not sure how to put the image up, thought I had figured it out yesterday, but if you go to that web page it should be up

Marjorie_61

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Marjorie_61

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Figured it out!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:39 pm

Here's a cropped version of your pic:

You might want to experiment with moving a little further away and make sure to use the macro if you'd like it to be a little more clear. (oh, I see you were able to display it)

Marjorie_61

Post   » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Thanks Lynx, yeah I just got my camera so I'm not too great with it yet. Here's an updated picture, looks like a nice healthy tooth is coming in underneath. Although it looks so much bigger then the tiny one next to it since that was the only tooth he has been using for awhile. He is off antibiotics now because he started to get diarrhea, but he seems fine and seems to be eating a lot better now that the bad portion of the tooth fell off.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Oh, your new pic is great! Very crisp!!

Okay with you if I continue adding your updated pics to the board?

Marjorie_61

Post   » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:17 pm

That would be great Lynx. Yeah I am working on my camera skills, by the time the tooth is completely grown out I should be a pro. Thanks for the hint about the macro button, didn't know what it did. I'll add another picture in a couple of days, should be grown out quite a bit by then.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:09 am

I think there's a learning curve for everything. I wish I had some experts sitting over my shoulder myself :-)

Marjorie_61

Post   » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:25 pm

Here's an updated picture of Coco's tooth, now I have no clue whats happening. The new tooth coming in definately does not look normal.