Building Ginny's & Sakura's Cage (with photos)

liluqt

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:36 pm

No, Momo! I am diligently searching for mini cubes right now as we speak online and it's NOT easy to find online. Bed, Bath and Beyond doesn't even list them on their website.

:(

I tried searching for these mini grids when we built our first C&C to no avail. Years later, it seems, I still can't find them!

LAWomans
"Live Long and Prosper"

tracis, an amazing cage! Great pictures. Where did you get the mini grids? I have been looking everywhere for them. Bed, Bath and Beyond has them sometimes but not regularly.

ellenvega
Skol Pigs!

Oh wow! How do you people do it? I can barely get 2 grids stuck together. Building a separate level and ramp seems beyond my means.

papiggieluverz

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:37 pm

tracis that is an awesome cage!

I too want some mini-grids they are too cute!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:45 pm

Love the step-by-step instructions and the cage is awesome. Wow!

liluqt

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:46 pm

I am on hold with my local Bed, Bath and Beyond asking if they have mini cubes. It's not listed on their website, they it's probably a hit or miss with this particular item.

liluqt

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:57 pm

I give up. The man barely spoke English and doesn't even know what I'm asking for.

The search for mini grids continues!

3Smithboys

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:03 pm

Can you come build me a new cage? - yours is awesome!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:54 pm

I put a link to this thread on the housing page:
www.guinealynx.info/.html

So if you need to show it to someone in the future, you can find it there!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 pm

The Mini-Loft: Part 1

My guinea pigs enjoy cozy hidden spots, but I do not use Pigloos in my girls' cage – the girls get very possessive with them. So, I created a built-in Mini-Loft.

I attached a regular size grid to the side of the cage with zip-ties.

Mini-Grids come in handy once again, as additional support for the mini-loft. The small ramp attaches to this support as well. The guinea pigs prefer to use the ramp as a popular sleeping spot, and jump up to the mini-loft instead.

This “mini-ramp” came from a set of chinchilla cage accessories.

The small ramp is covered in Sherpa fleece, secured with Velcro at the top.

[continued in next post]

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:54 pm

The Mini-Loft: Part 2

Coroplast makes a nice tray bottom for the mini-loft. I also wanted sides on the tray, to keep the mess inside the cage. The tray is removable, for easy cleaning.

I use clips to hold the coroplast tray snugly against the sides of the cage, and also to hold the bottom layer of fleece in place. This bottom layer of fleece keeps the upper pad from sliding off.

I sewed thick, absorbent Sherpa fleece pads to fit the single grid mini-loft. The non-slip pad rests securely on the attached fleece, and keeps the clips hidden from the guinea pigs.

Fleecy and fluffy accessories complete the cozy Mini-Loft. The Mini-Loft provides many wonderful hiding/sleeping spots for my girls, yet doesn’t use much floor space in their cage.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:34 pm

Girls enjoying the cage. :)

Unfortunately, I do not know where to purchase mini-grids. I haven't seen them in a Bed, Bath, and Beyond since 2006.