Show your cage... again!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Heheh! I haven't even contemplated decor yet! Oh boy!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:34 pm

Which reminds me, we need to update our cage looks too! :)
Have fun Erin, but don't overwork yourself too.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:36 pm

I get man help here tonight :) I need to drag him to get the coroplast, then I'll let him loose scoring the stuff tomorrow and fighting with it to fit inside the grids. We'll teach him pig cage building 101, crash course!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:37 pm

I can't wait to see the set up. :)

Athena
Notorious P.I.G.

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Erin, I build the grids around the coroplast...

outfoxed98

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:20 pm

I love your setup lisam! Those must be some lucky bunnys/piggys. :)

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:22 pm

lisam, nice setup!

Erin, don't forget to take plenty of pictures of Ray's crash course. :) I'm sure he'd LOVE to be on the forum. teehee!

My stupid shelving unit didn't come in today. BOOO!!!! I really want to get it done.

lisam

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Thanks! Yes, it's very sturdy. I don't have the whole thing ziptied yet (I ran out of black ties and didn't want to use white) but I use wood pellet bedding w/ shavings which are pretty heavy, and it stands up to that. And stands up to my daughter scooping it clean!

pigsforlife3

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:57 am

The girls current cage is a 2.5x4.5 C&C cage. It holds Buttercup, Lily, Toffee and Rosie. It is about 1.55sq m. As my math is awful, I used this site http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/ to convert it to feet for you all. According to that site it is just over 16sq ft.

This is the most updated photo I have of it. There is a litter box in the corner, that they dont use so I might as well take it out once I have gone through the litter. In their hay rack is Oaten Hay, and the best that I have available to me at the time. Their hay rack was due for a top up. The corflute that you can see up the side of the cage is their lazy lounge. Under the towel is there stuffed bone and cuddle cup.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Guess what?! I got my shelving unit in today. WooHoo!!! The foster kids will have new rooms hopefully in the next few days (unless I can get it all done tonight, we shall see, my daughter has girl scouts and we have to get the cookies). Anyways, Erin, did you get your coroplast cut up w/ Mr. Ray? Hmmm? Or have you been busy? Hope the arm's doing better.

MichelleintheOC

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:11 pm

Will a 2x2 with a 1x2 loft be okay for a single male? He's single because he's highly agressive with other pigs {humping, biting, blood shed}.

lisam

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:49 pm

A 2x2 C&C cage really isn't big enough. You don't count the upper levels when counting cage square footage. Can't you at least make the bottom a 2x3?