A Guinea Pig in Need, is a Good Pet Indeed or, Why Adopt?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:54 pm

"They offered advice on how to train her to not bite"

Poor Stella. She will be a very lucky girl if she gets to come home with you, Wheekers3, and meet the lovely Carmella.

I hope it works out!

PaisCashGingGang

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:35 pm

Can't wait to meet your new little one.

She will receive all the love in the world.
Carmella will soon have a new sister!

Wheekers3

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:56 pm

Still waiting..It is only 1:00pm here, and I asked her to call after noon. The suspence is rife.

"They offered advice on how to train her to not bite"

I am afraid to ask what they suggested. I hope not a thump on the head.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:25 pm

I have heard nothing...she said "she's all yours" and that was it.

I am thinking someone who had said they wanted her, got there finally, and the woman has not had the manners to inform me.

I did send a letter this am asking her to let me know if she has been taken.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:10 pm

No Stella for us... :(

PaisCashGingGang

Post   » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:53 pm

I'm sorry Wheekers. I know that the piggie that is meant for you will come along. Then, you will know that some things are meant to be (because the new girl will be the one).

Lovemypig

Post   » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Crap, that stinks for both you and Stella.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:40 pm

There are plenty more needy pigs. They come up locally on Craigslist every other week it seems. There are also rescues, but they are 2 or so hours away.

I was sad about Stella. It seemed like it would happen.

Some pig will find me. :)

Wheekers3

Post   » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Recent development...

I do not know know where to start....I went to Craigslist right after the post above. There was a new listing:

"I have a female guinea pig that needs a home. I am asking $10 for a rehoming fee. No snake food! Serious people only!!!!! THanks!"

So I sent a Email asking for more info and that I would like her. I waited not wanting to get my hopes up. I was crushed when the previous pig did not work out.

I got an Email to call and did.

Yes, they have a guinea pig - a baby and...she nibbles....I asked if she had been listed a week or so ago, and the girl said yes.

I asked if the pig's name was Stella and the girl said yes, it was.

My head was reeling I could not believe what I was hearing. We set up a pick-up at a Del Taco in another nearby town.

I now have Stella, and she is such a cutie. I held her the whole way home ( they gave us a huge ceiling fan box to transport her in :( ) Her fur is very very soft and longish.

She never nibbled once. She is in a quarantine cage and is getting settled in.

Pictures tomorrow when things are calmer, I promise.

I do not know what the deal was. She has been in 3 homes in three days. Poor girl. She will be here forever now.

Lovemypig

Post   » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:59 pm

Well, that's great!! This thread has really been bothering me all day long and I'm just so very happy for Stella, now in her new and forever home.

PaisCashGingGang

Post   » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Yeah Stella and Wheekers!!

Congratulations.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:50 am

Stella was meant to be with you, Wheekers3! What an amazing story, and congratulations!

I'm looking forward to seeing the lovely girl, and reading more about her when she gets settled in. :)