What does Shilintong look like?

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:21 pm

It doesn't get rid of stones. There unfortunately isn't a magic cure for stones. It helps them manage the pain by acting as an anti inflammatory https://www.guinealynx.info/stones.html

TWP_2

Post   » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:56 pm

I believe that it might have helped Gilbert and Sully pass a couple of stones that were almost too big to pass. It might help reduce painful spasming in the urethra as the stone is being passed.

pax
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:28 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Shilintong is a wonder drug. I know nothing will cure my Kirby, but this is improving his quality of life. I wish I had tried it sooner.

Katrina
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:08 pm

For other sources - I order from MaxNature and have always received the brown pills:

http://maxnature.stores.yahoo.net/shilintong.html

Ledasmom

Post   » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:41 pm

Okay, now I'm confused. The MaxNature one says coin-leaved desmodium, which pax said was on the bottle with the ineffective yellow pills. Both coin-leaved desmodium and snowbell leaf tickclover appear to be common names for Desmodium styracifolium, but unfortunately coin-leaved desmodium also refers to at least one other species.
But the MaxNature one is definitely effective? One of my guys is having problems along these lines.

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:23 am

Sorry to keep butting in here. So will Shilintong be better for my cavy than metacam? Metacam seems to be so ineffective, it doesn't appear to help him with the pain at all!

I live in the UK so I can't use that website... Anyone know any British places?

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:37 am

I ordered some from MaxNature. I requested the brown pills. Keeping my fingers crossed that I receive the brown pills. Little Bit is on her last pill today.

I heard nothing back from Far East about the difference in the advertised product and the one sent. I have e-mailed them and left a voice mail message.

animalz_rule, maybe try searching for shilintong and see if any UK stores come up. It seems that not very many places sell it. Hopefully, you can find some. I am not sure about shilintong and its comparison to metacam. Hopefully, someone else will know a little more about that comparison than I do. I do think it helps my pig,Little Bit, though. She has been on it for almost two years now.

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:43 am

Thanks Stacy, I just found some on Ebay and they are brown pills. But as Ledasmom said this one has coin-leaved desmodium as the main ingredient. Maybe worth a try anyway? I typed into google Shilintong and it came up with two address, one for ebay and another weird address! I have two Chinese herbal shops in my town center, maybe I'll go ask there first!

How much is the dosage? One tablet a day I assume? I see people mentioning grinding up the tablet and putting it on their food, Elvis has a cage mate so will it be ok if the other ate it too?

Ledasmom

Post   » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:52 am

Coin-leaved desmodium appears to refer to at least two plants: D. styracifolium, the one that seems to work, and at least one other, less-effective plant. Bah to providers of herbal remedies who do not use the proper scientific name on their product.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:53 am

I use a pill cutter and cut a pill in half. I crush up the 1/2 tablet and mix it with 1 syringe full (1 cc) of water. Then, I syringe feed it to her. She actually likes it, so it is not hard at all for me to give it to her this way. I do this twice daily (morning and night), so she gets one pill total a day.

I know others give it differently - sprinkling it on food, etc. Try doing a search on shilintong here at Guinea Lynx, and I bet you will find some different ways to adminster it.

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks Stacy! I am buying these pills and lets pray they help him even if it is only a little bit. And a total bargin at only $3.99 for 100days supply! :O Although P&P is $6.99, $10.98 still a bargin compared to Metacam!

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:48 am

Well, I got a one sentence reply from Far East saying that "we still sell the pills like before." My order is on its way from the other store, so I will report back when I get it. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the brown pills.