Why Limit Carrots?

Zoe

Post   » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:34 pm

SteveHeath: It's very cool that you are open to improvements for your piggy. You and the pig will love the C&C cage. It's frustrating when folks take offense at suggestions to do things differently.

I am bummed I missed the people pictures. I completely understand your wife not wanting her picture posted, but selfishly speaking, it is nice to see who people are. I love that I've gotten to meet several folks on ths board.

Nata

Post   » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:09 am

I found piggy clothing on eBay. husband said NO WAY but it was still fun to look.

Lovemypig

Post   » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:01 am

Nata, please provide link! I must look.

Cat_67

Post   » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:08 am

You lucky things! Temperatures in the 70's! Just as I thought spring was coming, and Ariel got a taste of the first dandelions, we got temperatures in the low 20's and 15 cms of fresh snow... Anyone living in Alaska that could comfort a frustrated Norwegian? :-) I was hoping to treat my old and very sick cavy to the enjoyments of fresh grass and forages soon, but no.

SteveHeath -welcome to GL! Very glad to hear you are getting Petey out of the fish tank! It's most certainly not suitable for a guinea pig, and you will do much better with a large cage. We don't get the C&C stuff here, but I've used several pet store cages in-line with the end walls taken out so the piggies can jump between them. It's the horizontal space they need.

Personally, I'm not a fan of dressing up guinea pigs, since they don't enjoy it and don't need clothing.

Good luck with Petey and coaxing your wife to let you adopt a buddy for him!

SteveHeath

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:35 am

Just got back after taking holiday off...Replies in order of reading

RSHEVIN, thanks for the clarification on needing a sign store for the Coroplast. I did go to Staples today (it was listed as a "possible" at guineacages.com) and all they had were the milk crate stackables.

I've got plenty more time Tuesday and am going just south of here where a Target and a BedBathBeyond are in same lot. Then will hit a sign store. Wife works a late shift and I hope to have the house assembled by the time she gets home.

========
Regarding Replies about "Dressing up piggy" - believe me I was only thinking of it for the "one shot photo" and nothing more. More later after I take care of the more serious need for Housing.

Oh, regarding the fishtank...I had been very reliably changing out the Carefresh bedding every 5th/6th day, but did it Saturday and again tomorrow IF I am at all obstructed from getting the C&C together. Watching a couple video links from BETHIE had me certainly seeing how absurd I had let it become in past couple months. First two months wasn't so bad because he was tiny...But he's not tiny now.

=========
Did let Petey roll on the Florida room tile this weekend with little incident. Maybe 75 in the sun, but easy 70 in there with a nice breeze. Doing our best to keep him out of tank and either on floor of my office or in Florida room. Gotta admit it wasn't bad for ME to take a break for awhile and actually enjoy my own Florida room on a nice Sunday afternoon...something often deferred to seemingly more important Busy Life...heh

--------------------------

We let him adopt the "Kitty Bed" which our two cats have eschewed for a couple months now after they both used it for several months after it came in.

Nice fit for him...He was going in and out of it in the Florida room

Though he seemed for now to prefer gravitating to the corner (I'm reading where that's instinct), where Hey Look...I Can Hide Behind This and NO ONE WILL SEE ME

===============

ZOE, like you, I enjoy getting a chance to "meet" cyber acquaintances and friends via photo when they feel okay with sharing. Especially in a busier cyber forum where so many names can often confuse who is who. But we also understand why some folks prefer not to. I do have one "family" pics which was approved for posting to another forum I frequent and I'll see about copying one to the "Army of Darkness" thread I saw in Cavy Chat forum.

=========

CAT67, I'm sending some warm vibes your way (Norway, really?) In the photos you see just above, it's Easter Sunday and a horrible 73f, partly cloudy with a light breeze off the Gulf of Mexico (5 miles west) putting a tinge of ocean salt into the air.

okay...that was kinda mean....heh...but just think of me as a volunteer Tourist Bureau guy...

SteveHeath

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:51 am

urp...aforementioned video links were "BrandiLynn", not "Bethie"

gpgrandma
Supporter in '07

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:21 am

Our Target has cubes on sale for $12.99 for a 6 cube grid. Also, many fabric stores are clearing out fleece in favor of lighter summer fabrics, so good deals abound. Most major pro teams have coordinating fleece patterns. I'd like to do mine up in Packer green and gold, but I think my daughter (who is not a Packer fan and therefore must have been switched at birth) would have a fit. I have to admit, I was glad to see the Giants win since obviously the Pack didn't get the memo to PLAY THE WHOLE GAME against y'all.

Welcome to GL, land of the OCD guinea pig pod people with amazingly large hearts and willingness to share wonderful info!

SteveHeath

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:42 am

GPG, I'll make Target the first stop.

I've already considered that I want to use fleece instead of constantly replacing bedding, so thanks for the tip to check out fabric store. We have a "JoAnns" in that same center with Target and BB&B.

Finally, I can agree that there's been many a football game when I wished there was a 75 minute clock instead of just 60.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:08 am

Petey is very cute! I look forward to seeing more of him and his exciting new cage. :)

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:40 am

He is very cute and he is going to love his new condo!! Once you start working with the cubes and zippieties, your latent architect comes out! Well, mine did!

Lovemypig

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:34 am

Love the pic of your little guy "hiding" behind the broom!

*worries it will fall on him*

Can't wait to see what kind of C&C cage you construct.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:28 am

Your little guy is just adorable. I also like the picture with him behind the broom "You can't see me!". Cute.