Pinky Weber's Medical Thread

Bluemusicgrl

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:55 am

My Kyle is quiet too. He didn't even ask for breakfast. It is eerie, this pig lives to eat. What a difficult night that was. Lets hope today goes well.

Bluemusicgrl

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:25 pm

I got too anxious and I called the Vet, they told me that he ate a little on his own but that they want to keep him longer. He still hasn't taken a drink.

*heart breaks*

They told me that the vet will call me herself later.

I hope you hear better news, and can take her home. Please keep us informed, I'm glued to my computer awaiting news.

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:45 pm

The vet has not called me yet. Either her surgery, or she will be done around 3. I can not remember at this point. Sigh.

Poor Trevor. He is a strong little guy, I'm glad he is eating a bit, but the staff is feeding them, so hopefully they will both do well. I'm sure they are scared, but I'm glad they have each other for company.

If I do get to go and take her home, I will give Trevor a head scratch and a kiss. Or, ask the staff if they will do it for me, depending on how he is feeling.

I am glued to my phone too, and keep checking to see if it is on.

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Ok, so I called at 5 to check on Pinky.

There were a few emergencies and ultra sounds that took awhile today, so she did not get to her surgical repair. Pink is eating. Dr. D said if there were not enough poops, she would hand feed her. She will get her meds tonight also.

Pinky will probably have surgery tomorrow afternoonish, but since I work, I will not be able to pick up my little girl until Thursday. I miss her so much. I did ask if Dr. D could give her some ear scratches and a kiss on the head before bedtime. She said she would.

Then she also told me that, by the way, we colored on Pinky, just in case :) So, if she has orange streaks on her, its to tell the two himis apart!

P.S. She said she was going to call Trevor's mom next for an update! Hope things are going well for him too!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:18 pm

How frustrating for you Kermie. Still hoping all goes well for the beautiful Pinky. Did they say what color they used? Maybe it's pink!

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:35 pm

It's just tough because she is gone... I am so afraid she thinks we abandoned her :(

Orange ;) - although it would be better if they used Pink! There would be even less chance of confusion!

Bluemusicgrl

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Its almost 7pm, and they still haven't called me.

So sorry to hear that they didn't operate on Pinky.
I wonder if they colored Trevor.

If they don 't call soon, I'm gonna call them. I don't know what time they close. When I hear something, I'll let you know.

Bluemusicgrl

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:13 pm

So, she's busy and is going to call us around 10pm.

This is so agonizing!

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:57 pm

I'm guessing no news is good news? I think they just colored my lady. Mr. Trevor-man might object! :)

Bluemusicgrl

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:14 pm

So she called, he acutally took a nibble on a carrot today!

Nobody has seen him drink, but they have seen him nibble on hay and pellets.

She gets in tomorrow at 1pm, though she has no appointments till 4pm. She is going to call us and let us know how tonight goes, and if everything is OK, he can go home tomorrow or Thursday.

She said that Trev and Pinky are getting along very well and are keeping eachother company.

She said she is backlogged with phone calls that she has to make because of all the emergencies from today, and to not expect a call as soon as she gets in.

So the first glimmer of good news!

He'll still be on critical care(which of coarse I bought the apple/banana but am still awaiting it to come in the mail)but he'll be home! MY LITTLE MAN! Now, we need to focus on your girl.

Get well Pinky, you need to get home to your mommy!

Kermie831

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:46 am

YAY! Go Trevor! You are so close to going home, keep it up buddy!

Thank you so much for letting me know she is so busy! I will wait patiently for her call. Since I have to work, I do not know if we will be able to go get her tomorrow... but we might have to make the trip for our little bird. Well, I know we will go, but depending on how she is in the am determines whether we are going to wait for Pinky, or make another appointment. (I do have to call them in the am for an update on Zoe).

Poor thing, its the price to pay for being fabulous. I'm so glad they are able to take emergencies the way they do.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:32 am

Sending good thoughts to all the Weber kids and to Trevor! I hope we hear some good news about all today.