Pinky Weber's Medical Thread

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:18 pm

How frustrating for you Kermie. Still hoping all goes well for the beautiful Pinky. Did they say what color they used? Maybe it's pink!

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:35 pm

It's just tough because she is gone... I am so afraid she thinks we abandoned her :(

Orange ;) - although it would be better if they used Pink! There would be even less chance of confusion!

Bluemusicgrl

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Its almost 7pm, and they still haven't called me.

So sorry to hear that they didn't operate on Pinky.
I wonder if they colored Trevor.

If they don 't call soon, I'm gonna call them. I don't know what time they close. When I hear something, I'll let you know.

Bluemusicgrl

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:13 pm

So, she's busy and is going to call us around 10pm.

This is so agonizing!

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:57 pm

I'm guessing no news is good news? I think they just colored my lady. Mr. Trevor-man might object! :)

Bluemusicgrl

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:14 pm

So she called, he acutally took a nibble on a carrot today!

Nobody has seen him drink, but they have seen him nibble on hay and pellets.

She gets in tomorrow at 1pm, though she has no appointments till 4pm. She is going to call us and let us know how tonight goes, and if everything is OK, he can go home tomorrow or Thursday.

She said that Trev and Pinky are getting along very well and are keeping eachother company.

She said she is backlogged with phone calls that she has to make because of all the emergencies from today, and to not expect a call as soon as she gets in.

So the first glimmer of good news!

He'll still be on critical care(which of coarse I bought the apple/banana but am still awaiting it to come in the mail)but he'll be home! MY LITTLE MAN! Now, we need to focus on your girl.

Get well Pinky, you need to get home to your mommy!

Kermie831

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:46 am

YAY! Go Trevor! You are so close to going home, keep it up buddy!

Thank you so much for letting me know she is so busy! I will wait patiently for her call. Since I have to work, I do not know if we will be able to go get her tomorrow... but we might have to make the trip for our little bird. Well, I know we will go, but depending on how she is in the am determines whether we are going to wait for Pinky, or make another appointment. (I do have to call them in the am for an update on Zoe).

Poor thing, its the price to pay for being fabulous. I'm so glad they are able to take emergencies the way they do.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:32 am

Sending good thoughts to all the Weber kids and to Trevor! I hope we hear some good news about all today.

Bluemusicgrl

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:23 pm

OK, the vet just called me. Pinky was going under as we spoke, and she was going in to do her surgery as soon as we hung up the phone.

She said Pinky did not eat as much as they had hoped last night, so they gave her a feeding this morning.

As to Trevor, he lost weight last night, and his scab opened up and a lot more puss came out, so they want to keep him longer.

She says since we did such a good job cleaning the wound last time that they may let us take him home tomorrow, if his weight sustains.

That's all the news I have, she said she would call you after Pinky's surgery. Let us know how it goes.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:27 pm

Sending good thoughts for Pinky's surgery.

I hope Trevor feels more like eating today.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Good thoughts for Pinky.

Eat Trevor, eat!

Kermie831

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Ok Update on Pinky:

She went thru surgery today, she got her wound cleaned out, and during that a nasty chunk of tissue fell out. Dr. D thinks that may have been what caused the infection and lead to her pulling out/off everything.

It's too deep to let heal by secondary, but too infected to close it up. So she is going to flush it out again tomorrow and see where we stand. We should know by noon, and then when we pick her up tomorrow, we will get Zoe's labs done.

She was wondering why they didn't use pink on her either, its her "color" for her charts. :)

She said she would wash it off if we wanted, but I want to see her all orangi-f-ied!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:33 pm

We demand pictures of an orange Pinky!

Glad things seem to be going well poor girl.

Kermie831

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:36 pm

That's exactly why I want her still colorific :)

I want to put up pictures of her wound, but do not want to gross out the tender tummied!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:40 pm

I would just think warn the "tender tummied" what's coming and post them anyway. There is so much we can all learn that I think pictures are a good thing. Just my opinion.

Kermie831

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Ok tender tummied people - close your eyes!

This is what my little girl did: They are pretty grainy, but it was my cell phone, and she was wiggly.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:04 pm

Owie. Poor baby.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Ouch! Big time owie! Poor baby.

BTW, where's the orange?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:28 pm

Yipes! That looks painful! I take it she's on pain meds too.

We are all pulling for your baby!

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:32 pm

Pinky needs some southern doctoring!! (duct tape)!!

257 posts