HELP ME!- all six of them have this!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:37 am

it took a little over 5 weeks to really get the problem to begin to resolve itself. it is not difficult: it is a very long and time consuming treatment!!!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:48 am

Your girls are absolutely beautiful. I'm glad the treatment worked for them. They're too pretty to not look good.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:52 am

WOW! And this was from using Program + Imaverol? Good job. :)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:56 am

Oh my gosh, look at them, it is like night and day.
They all look so ... uh... furry and plump.
It must had been a frustrated and tedious treatment procedure, but YOU DID GOOD!
Congrats again! :)
Lovely photos too.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:33 am

I am happy this is behind us. We did lose a pig in this all. Meisie was probably too old to support the treatment and it shut down her kidneys ( that's what we think as she was not peeing anymore, even if we gave her water with a syringe).
This ordeal taught me to be very careful when a new piggy is in : cross contamination , even if the newbie is in quarantine is very possible. I learned the hard way. Change clothes, wash hands, disinfect everything. That is a routine I will not soon forget.

I am happy that the 6 others just climbed back into life. They do have a new Hierarchy order:

Caramel: alpha piggy. The charm in person. Don't mess with the Queen of everything though...

Vanille: the "courtisane" : Caramel and her are like twin sisters, always together. She is the best kisser of all piggies:)

Nougat: the bully : not sure she earned her place yet so she brags a lot and bumps into cavy people a lot.

Charlotte: watching Nougat closely ( that piggy is a pest she seems to think)and caring for her own hair...She would be the girl in school with make-up and cool hair style;)

Booboo: the most laid back girl in the gang. her motto would be * Whatever, ok!* She lives to eat and nap:)

Neige: white as snow, pure as the newborn..and a scaredy cat ( pig?) At the bottom of the ranking and knowing her place. Always run if we want to pet her. But snuggles close to us at lap time:)

Oh! And last but not least, lisam, I owe you an apology. I was very stressed at that time. It doesn't excuse but maybe it will help understand? Please forgive me.

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:56 pm

The girls are looking more like themselves no:)
This bad thing about ringworm is over and done with!
You can see the girls one after another here and judge by yourself!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doramarie/

pslanda

Post   » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:00 pm

Someone mentioned wooden houses, and what an irony that I just read that today - and think that may be the cause of my many piggy illnesses!
I just lost a piggy (named Piggy) to pneumonia, then had a second piggy get an abscess on her face (removed), then have a third get ringworm (possibly - still waiting for the test results). Don't know the origin of any of it, but I just had a light bulb go off about their sweet little wooden houses.
I painted two houses with water based, non toxic paint, to look like little Hawaiian villas... I was so proud and happy to see my little piggies enjoying their homes - thinking, "What a cool mom I am!" :-)
Now I'm thinking, even though I clean the cage thouroughly every week, I never touch the wooden houses - and they could be harvesting all sorts of bad stuff. They "look" fine, but who knows what's really going on in the wood. I can't really wipe wood down, so I just leave them be.
To be safe, they're going to be outside planters, now, and I'm switching to the standard plastic igloos. Won't be as cute, but let's hope I have to visit the vet less often...

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:01 am

Well you can always decorate the top of the pigloos:) And it is nice that your art will not be lost and that these cute houses can still be of some use:0)
By the way: you ARE a good mum. Mothers don't know everything...God knows how much...lol

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:40 am

I use plastic step stools because I am selfish and want to see my pigs while they.. umm.. lie around! :}

Everybody looks great 1aicha!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:14 am

Thanks BrandiLynn!

here will be the last photos of them I will post in this thread. They have recovered totally, are healthy and I love them all:)))
Front:

Back:

It has been a long road and we did lose one of our girls but we are so happy to have saved the rest of them. Remember those horrible pictures when it all began?

rshevin

Post   » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:28 am

Oh they are all SO cute!

1aicha
Ze French Piggies

Post   » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:50 am

rshevin: it has been a long journey and I am happy the trouble is behind us!
Thanks for the compliment!