What does Shilintong look like?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:35 am

I don't believe it.

So sorry for the mistake! Did you pay by credit card? Paypal to a commercial account? In the US, companies have to make good.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:11 pm

I haven't received any feedback on this seller yet, but if you can't find it elsewhere you might try it from here.

Again, I can't vouch for how fast this seller ships or whether or not you'll end up with more facial cream. :\

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:14 pm

I used paypal and I think it went into a personal account.. it was from an ebay shop. They have 99.6% postive feed back so I can only assume this is an honest mistake. It was a pot of facial cream, two eye packs and.... hemroid cream! Heehee! I've emailed them this afternoon, just waiting for a reply now which probably won't be until tomorrow since they live in China. I am not angry at them just a little upset that I will probably have to wait another month for it to arrive... I might email Far East first and see if they will post to the UK!

Have to admit it gave me a bit of a giggle getting hemriod cream. I am sure the guy will work things out and apologise!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:31 pm

They probably mixed up the order. Might even be that they sent you something more expensive - but if you don't need it, it is valueless!

p.s. around here Preparation-H is a hemeroid cream that can be used on sore guinea pig feet. It sooths.

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:06 pm

I got a reply, very quick! He apologised, said he'll send the right stuff tomorrow and that I can keep the stuff he sent me. Great, anti wrinkle cream and hemeroid cream.. just what every 18year old needs! :)

Zoe

Post   » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:24 pm

Hilarious mistake. Nice gift for your favorite old lady friend.

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:18 am

Wohoo! My shilintong arrive this morning. Arrived Signed for, left on the doorstep even though we were in.. grr!

Anyway they are brown pills wohoo.. however they are large and smell of vanilla coffee. How on earth am I going to get him to swallow these.

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:42 am

Wahh.. he won't eat it! I've tried breaking it up and placing it in his mouth but he spits it at me, I've tried popping it in a blue berry, and crushing it up and smearing it on a romaine leaf. Now I am trying to dissolve it in water but it's not dissolving!

rshevin

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:57 am

Brandi recommends letting it get goopy in a cucumber and then feeding that way.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:28 am

You can also try crushing fine, mixing with some water, shaking vigorously, drawing dose with 1cc syringe asap and giving that way. Generally, if you give a medication by syringe to the back of the mouth via the side of the mouth, they have no choice but to swallow.

Could also mix a single dose with a flavorful juice, maybe Odwalla if you have it.

Zoe

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:15 am

I fix up a few pills at a time. For me, it's 6 pills and 12 ml's water. Whatever number of pills you do at a time, it's 2 mls. per pill.

I crush the pills as best I can, soak them, crush some more, stir it up, crush... Eventually I have totally disolved pills in the proper amount of water.

Then, I give one ml. syringe full, twice a day.

Shake it well first, of course.

I have a bunch of little plastic bottles around from my years of getting pig meds. I keep the shilintong mixture in the fridge and make up a new batch every few days.

My sister has been giving her stone pig this dose and while the stone hasn't moved (and maybe it has nothing to do with it), but the stone is supposedly smaller now. Weird, eh? I thought stones only got bigger.

G Gordon Piggy

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:21 am

I ordered the pills from MaxNature and they sent me the yellow coated ones with a completely different name on the bottle. However, when I wash off the yellow coating, the pills look and smell just like the brown pills.

Anyway, it is difficult to control the dosage of these pills. You can crush them and sprinkle them over veggies, but you don't know how much of it ends up in their system. A lot of it appears to end up at the bottom of their bowls. I tried mixing a dose with critical care and syringe feeding. That seems to work, but the effect of the herb seems to drop off quickly after 10 hours, so you have to get more of it in their system before the effect wears off. I am using it for a pig that has inoperable tumors up and down her urinary tract. 2 pills in the morning and 2 at night seem to be managing her pain for now. I am dreading the day that even these pills will no longer work and I will have to put her to sleep. For now, she is still having more good days than bad days.