Okay to eat paper bags?

EllieMom

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:19 pm

I just wanted to check to make sure it's okay for the girls to munch away on paperbags. They love their paperbags filled with hay, but my husband and daughter are sure that I'm making them sick by letting them chew the bags. I told them it was okay, but then started second-guessing myself.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:23 pm

If they are plain and untreated, it's fine. They love bags stuffed with hay.

EllieMom

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:26 pm

Thanks for setting my mind at ease. They're all rustling around in their brown paper lunchbags filled with hay and I'd hate to take their toys out and ruin all their fun. Ginger may need to graduate to a bigger bag, though. She barely fits in the lunchbag size these days.

Lucky34100

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Just a bit off topic, but paper towel and toliet paper tubes are also considered ok right?

Sometimes they seem to have a bit of glue on them still so I didn't know.

Feylin

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:23 pm

yup!

The boys here say *gnaw gnaw gnaw* to all forms of cardboard and paper! I started cutting little squares of corogated cardboard for the fosters to gnaw on and toss around.

magicmoo

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:31 pm

They are all ok, so long as they don't expect to start craft projects with them all. It's the glue gun they can't master.

Sorry, it was Feylin's cutting shapes out of cardboard started me off on the sillies.

How's my, errr I mean your boy, Fred?

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:41 pm

Yes, they love to eat the bags.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:12 pm

If you give them a toilet paper or paper towel roll to play with, just make sure that this doesn't happen.

Lucky34100

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Yikes! Thanks for the warning.

Feylin

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:26 pm

I was thinking I should have a photoshoot of the 3 boys this weekend when the weather is all nice.

For now, I'm off to stuff a bag with hay and see what happens! We have only ventured into cardboard territory thus far.

dellybean

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:00 am

You should be careful not to let this happen, either: ;)

Wishes and Wendell think a paper bag = Disneyland!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:06 am

And remember and snip any handles if the bags have them so they won't get caught. :·)