What does Shilintong look like?

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Zoe thanks for that, I think I will do that. I crushed the tablet and put it in a syringe with 1ml of water. It didn't completely dissolve but it was enough. I will do it properly like you tomorrow. Thanks!

Any ideas on how long it should take to show any improvements? Hope it's soon.

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:41 am

Zoe, I made up a similar mix to yours. I put 10 crushed up tablets into 10ml of water then give him 0.5ml twice a day. I might up it to 1ml twice a day if this dose doesn't help.

My question is does it have to be in the fridge? I have OCD about leaving medication unattended but if it is best to be in the fridge I will.

Zoe

Post   » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:08 pm

I put mine in the fridge. I don't want to take any chances that it might either lose it's potency or go bad.

Would someone mess with it if it was in your fridge?

rshevin

Post   » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:37 pm

If it's in juice, it needs to be in the fridge. The juice part will spoil.

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:47 pm

No of course not, it's just me and my problems!

It's in the fridge now and he had his second dose, it's a bit cold though! Do pigs get brain freeze? :p

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 11:52 am

My Shilintong is congealing in the fridge, does it just require more of a shake? I do a ten days supply but it doesn't last no where near that long.

rshevin

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 12:46 pm

I would make up less at a time then. 1-2 days worth.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Mine never did that. Perhaps your fridge is too cold for it? Try moving it to another shelf. I just made some up in a measuring cup and covered it with plastic wrap. I would make up about 2 days worth at a time.

BostonPigLover

Post   » Wed May 07, 2008 4:55 pm

I don't understand what the difference between the Yellow Coated pills and the regular Brown ones are. I received the Yellow Coated ones, and was giving them to Henry.

Mode360

Post   » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:46 am

Can anyone tell me if these are the same brown pills that everyone is using because I've used it for a few days and my piggy still seems in pain.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:41 am

That's exactly what I use.

Wow. This is an old thread!

SardonicSmile

Post   » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:32 am

I am using these too.

It is not a painkiller so piggies will still experience pain when they have to pass a (small) stone or sludge.
From what I understand it is more of a relaxant for the bladder and should help with irritation of the bladder? Hence making it easier to pass the stone or sludge and that makes it less painful after a while?

At least that is why I bought it