Watermelon ?

MuffinFace

Post   » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:55 pm

rshevin - hows about other melons? Cantaloupe? Honeydew? My pigs snarf anything that even RESEMBLES a melon.

Topaz

Post   » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:30 pm

I also give mine cantalope and honeydew. Again, the rinds mostly. Washed very well.

3Smithboys

Post   » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:43 pm

I had no idea they would eat the rinds. That's great to know!

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:44 pm

I have several human watermelon addicts here! LOL

rshevin

Post   » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Cantaloupe rind was VERY popular, honeydew less so. I'll have to pick some up this summer. Still a bit early.

Goose

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:23 pm

I can't wait until watermelons are in season here! I'm such a watermelon addict, so my pigs will have plenty of rind. I also give the rinds to my horses (they love it) and I have a cat that will nibble a small piece here and there.

calicavylover

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:25 pm

I just gave my 4 girls some watermelon (mostly the rind) tonight with their dinner salads and they each grabbed a big chunk and went running off into seperate corners. I swear I could hear them saying wooohoooo, thanks mommy! I can't wait until corn is in season, last year the corn silks and husks were a huge hit!

SteveHeath

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:52 pm

I can't wait until watermelons are in season here!

Seasons? What is this you call 'seasons'??

Sincerely

Florida

ps..Petey is down with the watermelon especially the rind which I'm guessing works his teeth pretty good

Feylin

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:08 pm

Muffin, "snarf" is an excellent way to describe the noises that result from melon rind eating! I put down a whole quarter rind in the middle of the 8 pigs and it was rather noisy.

Cherish

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:55 pm

I think the noise my boys make when confronted with watermelon is more like "om nom nom nom".

Picture the Cookie Monster back in the old days, devouring a whole pile of cookies in a shower of flying crumbs... that's my pigs.

MuffinFace

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:12 pm

*glares at SteveHeath*

*thinks about moving to SoCal*

And I think the MOST appropriate noise, Feylin, is an un-typeable snorfling/chewing noise that is most delightful. Om nom nom nom.