Hayrack Warning - Stuck Pig

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:23 am

When you're hungry, you're hungry! And apparently, Sadie was HUNGRY!

I'm so glad she's ok. Was she wheeking for help or did you bf just coincidentally discover her like that (thank goodness he did!)?

Jennicat

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:30 am

I don't know what would have happened if insomniac boyfriend didn't check on all the animals in his wanderings. I'm just glad it turned out ok. I'm going to be working on them today with coroplast to block out all the dangerously sized holes.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:34 am

How scary! Glad it worked out ok.

magicmoo

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:48 am

I am so glad she is safe. I hope she hadn't been there for long-she would have been terrified.

Lucky you have a nocturnal boyfriend!

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:56 am

Oh my! Thanks for the warning. I'm glad Sadie's fine.

natrat65

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:03 pm

I have the same hay rack. When Alyssa was caught go up in it through the bottom I took a grid bent it into an L shape and put it so one part covered the bottom the other side on the back of it.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:17 pm

How scary!!!
I am so glad Sadie is alright.
Thank you for the warning.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Scary indeed! I'm glad your pig was okay.

Let me know if you'd like me to add these pics permanently to this thread, Jennicat.

Jennicat

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:39 pm

Amy - that's the scary part, she wasn't making a sound. When he found her, she'd managed to get it unhooked off the top of the grid wall, and then managed to get it caught on ANOTHER wall, and then flipped herself upside down and was pinned underneath it.

And her silly big doofus boyfriend (she's spayed) was sitting there eating pellets like his girlfriend hadn't just gotten stuck inside a hayrack. It was pretty unusual, because normally my other two fosters, the screamy baby boars, raise hell every time anything moves in the pig room. I guess they were scared too.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to adopt a sweet crested sow who likes getting into trouble, and her oblivious orange and white boyfriend, they are available through our rescue. ;)

Lynx - add away! I went back to Walmart today, and these are the "Mainstays" brand, which are Walmart's brand.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:06 pm

So glad to hear Sadie is alright. And thanks for the warning!

magicmoo

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:19 pm

I love it that her husband was nonchalont.

"Honeeeeeeeeey? Stop messing around and come eat?"

bandi09

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Poor little girl. She doesn't look too scared in the pictures. Hopefully she didn't give the babies any ideas. Glad she is okay.