Hayrack Warning - Stuck Pig

Fourboys4now

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:26 pm

I was shocked when I pulled up the first picture of her stuck. I can't believe her head went thru. I'm glad she's okay and thanks for sharing the pictures and warning for the rest of us. I would have really freaked out if I walked in my living room and saw one of my boys stuck like that.

zookeeper
Even Booze Hags Give

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:05 pm

I had the same thing happen to Mama-San once years ago. When I got home from work and found her laying in a really odd position under the hayrack, I thought she had died of old age. But when I tried to pick up the little "corpse" for burial I figured out what was going on!

Fortunately she was fine once I got her cut loose.

Cavespringpiggie

Post   » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:18 am

Poor Sadie, there is a reason she grew so big, nothing can stop her from getting her nibbles. And I am not surprised that Chester ignored the whole thing! His nose would never fit in those holes.

Trick

Post   » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:10 am

Yikes, I'm be measuring all the grids in my hayracks now!

Thank you for the warning, good to see Sadie is okay - I can't believe she was still straining for hay! Hah, sounds like one of the girlie pigs.

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:14 am

I've heard of that happening before but now seeing a picture to go with the experience is very frightening. I'm so glad everything turned out well in the end.

babygirl

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 am

Thank goodness she is OK.

What a cutie!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:58 am

Goodness! I'm glad he found her when he did!

Jennicat

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:02 am

Cavespring, she is a funny funny pig. In the morning, waiting for veggies, she chews and chews and chews the bars. Her experience has left her not at all wary of small spaces. ;) Chester is a doll, but you're right, his giant schnoz would never pose a problem for a hole that size!