Bladder Stone study

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:56 pm

I sent mine off a week or so ago and haven't heard a thing (or was it two weeks).

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:53 pm

That seems pretty strange. One would imagine there would be a clear mention of it if it were needed.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:08 pm

I forgot to update this thread: they called to tell me that they couldn't use the stone, because it had to be accompanied by a sterile urine sample.

So, really what they want is to be contacted by the vet before the stone is removed so they can be sure the vet sends all the appropriate information.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:50 pm

I wish they were more organized with their information. I had contacted the vet running the study before Peppi's first surgery, and she didn't say much other than to have our vet contact her, and somehow it wasn't communicated they needed more than the stone to proceed.

TWP_2

Post   » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:16 pm

I want to point out that I have kept in periodic contact with Dr. Hawkins during our efforts on Gilbert's behalf. When Gilbert died (Dec 5 06) following a fourth stone surgery, we made sure Dr. Hawkins was in touch with our vet at Kansas State University Veterinary Hospital. This way during the necropsy they could take any samples, measurements, or x-rays that UC Davis might want.

Dr. Hawkins has also, through her emails, proven to be another vet who truly cares.

Snowbie

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 4:04 pm

Does anyone know if if this study is still going on? I would like to send in my piggy's stone.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Have your vet find out. I think it's possible it is still going on.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat May 03, 2008 11:28 pm

I tried to send a stone in. Unfortunately they need a lot more information to accompany the stone (urine ph etc), so it may be that they can't take it.

Email them anyway, but I think you may find they can't use it. Usually, I was told, this needs to be arranged before the stone is retrieved, along with a bunch of different tests.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Has anyone heard when the findings of this study will be made available? Someone here had mentioned that their vet requested a preliminary copy. I'd like for my vet to do the same.

Janxo

Post   » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:12 pm

I'm having a stone removed this Friday. Is the study still accepting new samples?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:25 am

Not sure. Perhaps you can write them.

Candace

Post   » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 am

[text removed - Lynx]