Veggie Question

PattiM

Post   » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:55 pm

He doesn't eat when I'm not looking, either. Since he's by himself right now I can tell whether or not he's touched anything.

The shelter called today to check on him, and I asked them if he ate veggies when he was there. The only thing they fed him were pellets. No hay, no veggies. I think the people who surrendered him didn't feed him hay or veggies, either, judging by his reaction to them. He's still not too sure of the hay, and only nibbles on it a bit.

I'm going to try to mix something into his pellets tonight. My other piggies never like apples, but I'll give those a try for him.

PattiM

Post   » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:13 pm

Here's a picture of Snickers that was taken by the shelter. He looks tiny in this picture, but he's really not.

newwave_polly

Post   » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:27 pm

He's such a cutie! Eat your veggies, little man!

PattiM

Post   » Sun May 04, 2008 1:24 pm

I wanted to update this.

It took a while, but he eventually started trying different veggies that I offered. At first it was only parsley that he liked, then he decided the Romaine was okay, and carrots are delicious. He still hasn't warmed up to red peppers or cucumber, but he is eating about ten different types of veggies now.

He's very skittish and doesn't like to leave his pigloo, but he does come out at veggie time, now. Although last night he figured out that he can move his pigloo over to the veggies, stick his head out, and eat without leaving his pigloo.

Feylin

Post   » Sun May 04, 2008 1:54 pm

Haha, go snickers go! He sounds like he's got things all figured out. He'll warm up to you soon. My rescues were terrified but after 3 weeks they run around, eat veggies, and make demands of me! We're still not into being petted in the cage, or picked up too much, but they're coming around. :)

CheesyMouse

Post   » Sun May 04, 2008 2:07 pm

aww he is so cute ^_^ Does he eat fruits?Whitch veggie did you gave him?maybe he doesen't like all of them example:my nicky doesen't eat all kinds of carrots!she is very picky!

CheesyMouse

Post   » Sun May 04, 2008 2:08 pm

ups sorry didn't read all of it!!Go snickers go!Eat your veggies!!