Mr. Piggy Hooting

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 6:41 am

Damn it! I can hear it clear across the room.

Mr. Piggy is guesstimated to be around 5-5 1/2 years old. He was a classroom pig that went home with a teacher. After about a year at her house, her and her son's allergies got too bad and they rehomed him. This was last year. I picked him up in Orlando, if anyone remembers the thread in Cavy Placement.

He's been a healthy boy for the year that I've had him. Not tolerating any pig but Ozzy.

Yes, I'm calling the vet as soon as they open and getting him in there. I wanted to start the thread because I am sure many questions will follow.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 7:03 am

Slavetofuzzy, I am so sorry. All of this bad luck lately....what is with that? Has to be the southern air, right? We gotta be able to blame something :) I am thinking about you guys today and keeping my fingers crossed that he is going to be ok.

CheesyMouse

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 7:14 am

He is so cute!Maybe ear plugs would help?Why do you think he is doing that?When is he hooting; at night or in the day?

Topaz

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 7:16 am

It can be a sign of heart problems CM.

I'll be sending good thoughts your way stf.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 7:24 am

Thank you guys. Yes, CM, hooting is more than likely a sign of enlarged heart. Read the heart sticky to learn more.

Weaver, I agree. We have had MORE than our fair share of vet visits and medicine giving lately. Can we just a have a few months with healthy pigs darn it!?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 9:16 am

Well, it sounds as if Mr. Piggy will be joining the lotensin club :-)

CheesyMouse, you would be best to refrain from posting in the medical forum until you have a little more experience.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 2:16 pm

Thank you Mum.

Good luck slave. If he's older,signs usually show up now.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Lady Bug wants to welcome Mr. Piggy to the heart club. She says to tell him to take all his meds and he'll be fine in no time!

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 2:28 pm

Good luck to Mr. Piggy. Maybe he's starting this because his heart is broken. I hope your vet is all geared up for heart pigs. You be a good boy, Mr. Piggy.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Sending good thoughts for sweet Mr. Piggy! He is such a cute and special boy. :)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 5:56 pm

StF, let me know if you need "heart backup" with the lovely and talented Dr. A. Print out all the heart stuff from here. If she wants case histories and a veterinary reference (Dr. Leck, now in Tucker) for heart treatment, let me know. Cell, email, page, whatever. I'm gonna be in there tomorrow afternoon with a recheck for one of ours, too.
Last edited by Talishan on Mon May 05, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Okay, this is enough.
Too many of our precious babies are feeling unwell!

Sending good thoughts to Mr. Piggy, I hope an X-ray and heart meds will be able to resolve these symptoms quickly.