Mr. Piggy Hooting

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 05, 2008 7:35 pm

Ha! T, we may run into each other this time! I am dropping Mr. Piggy off in the morning because she was flat booked up and I have a semi-sort of busy day. I'll pick him up eitehr early afternoon (if she's had a chance to look at him) or, more likely, late in the afternoon.

I think Dr. A is pretty receptive to heart meds. I printed a bunch of threads for her when I thought this was Fuzzy's issue and she was very open to it. There was a pig in there around the same time as I was with Fuzzy and it was a heart pig. I asked her if they were going to get Lotensin, but she said no they did not want to treat it (poor ol' pig). So I believe she will prescribe the meds with no problem. We just need to get the x-ray to confirm the enlarged heart and/or fluid around the lungs.

He's not making the sounds now but it was very unnerving this morning. Now I can just hear a faint clicking when I have his little body close to my ear.

outfoxed98

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 11:58 am

I do hope all goes well for you guys. Mr Piggy reminds me so much of my beautiful Freddy, they have the same cheeky face!

Sending good vibes!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 12:10 pm

I hope your vet is also amenable to a trial if the heart appears normal on xray. Llewelyn's heart looked ok on xray.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 12:52 pm

I will mention it to her Mum. Thank you for the heads up.

She was pretty good about being willing to try the Actigall with Ozzy so maybe *cross fingers* we can get a trial of Lotensin too.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 12:53 pm

How is Mr. Piggy today?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 12:58 pm

He is at the vet right now. No hooting this morning - OF COURSE! His appetite and water intake/output has been good. He has been normal in all ways except that noise and laying around more. I attributed it (the laying around) to losing Ozzy but perhaps it's been going on a little longer and I was pre-occupied with the Oz to notice it. Maybe?

She is going to check him out between surgeries so I may not hear back until later this afternoon.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Now breathe STF, let's all hands and breathe together.
I hope she will call back with some wonderful news soon.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 1:28 pm

Hoping all goes well for Mr. Piggy today. Actually, here's hoping he hoots for the vet. That would make your life easier. : )

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 1:51 pm

I envision a little treadmill with a carrot at the end. Mr. Piggy with a little sweatband on trotting away while hooked up the heart monitors. I hope he does well and/or gets better.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 6:20 pm

*sigh* Mr. Piggy is not on any meds right now. I don't know if I should be happy or frustrated.

Lungs are clear. She did an x-ray that shows no fluid around the lungs, or in them. The heart, she said, looks ok. I did not get a copy of these x-rays like I did with Ozzy and forgot to ask for it.

She said he is overweight and would like to see him get down to around 1300 gms. He is at 1440 now.

For now, I am to keep an eye (ear) on him and cut back on the pellets. I will have to give him more floor time too. Perhaps he needs a baby brother as well!

Bethie, I laughed out loud when I read your post! He actually does need a little piggy treadmill it seems!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 6:37 pm

How annoying. She won't give you a trial of lotensin?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue May 06, 2008 6:48 pm

She didn't see the need for it right now. I wish I had gotten the x-rays. Maybe if I call her tomorrow I can get a copy on a CD and post it.