New Oxbow Stuff

Lucky34100

Post   » Mon May 12, 2008 11:39 pm

I read this thread earlier today and was surprised that my Oxbow retailer already got some in.

I bought then one of the huts and they love it!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 1:16 pm

I want those tunnels, I have not seen them in my feedstore who I go to faithfully for my Oxbow pellets and treats, I will definitely ask about them next time.

I bought then one of the huts and they love it!
Oh please, show us a picture of it!

DaCourt

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 1:18 pm

I'll have to get a picture of one of mine in whats left of their basket. It's light so they move it around the cage. Never in the same place.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 1:22 pm

Dacourt, do they enjoy eating/sleeping in it?
I would love to get some basket for Mojo/Mitzy cage and then flat-side-down tunnel for McMac/Beibei's cage due to McMac's arthritis joints.

I would love to see some pictures! :)

DaCourt

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 1:26 pm

They love it. They used to fight over the big chair...now it's the basket. I went in last night and Calvin was in it. Scooby and Emmet were just sitting there staring at him. It looked as if they were waiting for their turn. Scooby started to try to nose his way in. Cavlin was having no part of it and chased him away. Emmet was about to jump in when Calvin came back and chasedhim off. Then clibmed back in and went to sleep.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 1:31 pm

They love it. They used to fight over the big chair...now it's the basket.
Oooh, now I can't wait to get it!
Do you remember how much it was Dacourt, I mean just roughly?

Do rabbits love them all the same, I would love to get a few as presents for one of my bunny friends.

DaCourt

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Not sure. Oxbow donatad a bunch to us after the Expo. Nik has one in with the skinnies and they love it too.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Thanks DaCourt, I will start looking for them now. :)

dellybean

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 1:53 pm

Wow, I can only imagine the damage Wendell would do to one of those tunnels or baskets. His favorite thing to do is tear paper bags to shreds. And he's chewed a big notch out of one of his wooden hideys. At least with this I wouldn't have to worry about splinters!

Lucky34100

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Here's some pictures for you guys:

Ducky's favorite part to chew on

They love ripping pieces off

Kirby showing how big they are

One more quick picture of Kirby

I got the medium sized hut, it cost a little under $20. I'm surprised at how it's holding up so far, they have spent quite a lot of time chewing on it.

I'm a bit concerned it will get gross if they pee in it too much. The instructions say you can wash it with cold water and dry it in the sun.

rshevin

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Oh how CUTE. That's really the medium? They looked smaller on the Oxbow site. I just assume that, like other companies, they'd underestimate the true size of piggies. Leave it to Oxbow to design something right. The large size must be for bunnies. Can I ask how much Ducky and Kirby weigh? I have a chunker pig.

I saw that about the washing in cold water. I an skeptical, but if they say so, I guess I'd try it.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue May 13, 2008 2:35 pm

I am SOLD!
Thanks for the pictures Lucky. :)