Rescue pig Piglet

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri May 16, 2008 5:19 pm

Until or unless she evidences pain, I think it's a good idea. The more she moves, the more she will be able to.

lisam

Post   » Fri May 16, 2008 5:58 pm

Today she even sat with both her back legs underneath her, instead of dragging behind.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri May 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Hey, great news.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri May 16, 2008 6:31 pm

That certainly sounds positive.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sat May 17, 2008 4:35 am

I'm amazed at how fast Piglet is recovering. It is really good news. Such tough little girl. She just needed some TLC and B.

crazycheryl

Post   » Mon May 19, 2008 12:45 pm

Hooray for Piglet and great job kudos to lisam!

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Mon May 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Indeed!

lisam

Post   » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Update on Piglet--

When we got back from our vacation we gave Piglet a cagemate. She began to move around more, and now you wouldn't even know she had ever had trouble walking.

However, she must still have some nerve damage. She must dribble urine or something, because she's always wet and gets that scale on her back legs. I was cleaning her off and massaging some coconut oil into the area yesterday and she had a seizure.

She's had seizure-like episodes when she first came here. It seems to happen when she's being handled and is very upset.

Feylin

Post   » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Can you try wrapping her in a towel or a fleece so she feels safer? Do you suppose anything is actually hurting back there?

Poor Piglet. :( Does she have to go back to school? I think if you document her injuries to the principal you can make a case to get her out of there.

lisam

Post   » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:37 pm

No, I think she'll probably end up staying here, at least until I get a hand on this seizure thing.

lisam

Post   » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:45 pm

I was able to bathe her today without her having a seizure, and trimmed the hair really short back there. I was able to watch her urinate, and she did it with no problems, like a normal pig would. So I wonder why she keeps getting all this gunky scaly stuff around there?

I don't bathe her or use the Desitin as much as I'd like, because of the seizures. I'm trying to do it every few days.

I think I'll take her back to the vet, and get a culture to find out exactly what's going on.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:57 pm

Good to hear about Piglet having fewer seizures. A culture will probably help. Please give her an extra scritch from me.