Alice's Medical Thread

Topaz

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Oh no. I'm so sorry, Feylin.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 8:56 pm

I'm very sorry that sweet Alice and her baby are gone. So heartbreaking. She knew how much you loved her.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 9:03 pm

How tragic. I'm so sorry.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 9:22 pm

I'm so very sorry Feylin.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Oh no - I'm so very sorry.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Feylin, I'm very, very sorry, for Alice, for her baby, and for you.

You did the right things. Taking a guinea pig to a vet that doesn't know anything about them is worse, IMO, than taking measures you are reasonably confident of yourself, at home. She likely would have needed a C-section anyway, and, I'm sorry to say, neither would have survived it ... two days earlier, two hours earlier.

Godspeed and safe passage to both of you. We will remember you and always love you.

May someone, somehow, mark Alice's story as yet another indictment of indiscriminate breeding we may show the clueless? If Alice can save even one other life, she will not have died in vain.

Suisan

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 10:46 pm

I hardly know what to say, except that I am also so very very sorry that you and Alice had to go through this. I just read the whole thread and truly, I don't think there was anything else you could have done. Babies that are too big are simply too big -- I agree with Talishan that really she most likely would not have survived an emergency C-section.

Please take good care of yourself. She was well-loved and knew it. Poor, poor thing.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Oh no. Poor Alice and baby. You did all you could for her. It was not your fault she was pregnant. I would just tell her adopter that she died due to complications of labour and a URI. The pregnancy just overwhelmed her little body. I know you're hurting, but it would have been worse, I think, if you had let her go to the adopter and then have this happen.

Sleep well, Alice and Babe. There's nothing but peace on the other side.

sammianne

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Feylin - I'm so sorry. I could tell by what you've always said about Alice that you really cared about her. I wish for her and the little one and you as well that things could've been different.

I agree with Talishan and also hope Alice's story can be a wake up call that might save other lives.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Sat May 31, 2008 12:06 am

I am so sorry. Feylin, you must be distraught about this. Sweet little girl never had a chance to grow up herself, then to have to suffer this way. You did a blessed thing by taking her in, loving and caring for her and working to find her a forever home. I hope you'll be ok.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat May 31, 2008 12:23 am

Oh, I'm so very sorry, Feylin. It is so sad to lose a mother and pup.

Maria1986

Post   » Sat May 31, 2008 12:38 am

I am so sorry for your loss Feylin.