Three just north of Atlanta, GA have until Tuesday

babytulip07

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:43 pm

From what I understand Talishan is picking them up today and I believe STF is fostering them until they are healthy again.

Fourboys4now

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Please keep us updated, these babies have been on my mind all weekend. I would love to know if they are boys or girls.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:15 pm

I have these guys! They are having a C&C cage built for them as we speak.

There is one boy and 2 girls (separated now of course). Talishan feels for sure one is pregnant and possibly the other. I do not know when I will be able to tell-no experience in that field. Yet.

They are so beautiful and the brown guy (he's the boy you are in love with 4boys) is a very curious guy. I think his name will be George after Curious George.

They are not as scrongy as they look. Dirty, yes. But not much hair loss. Looks like mostly on the boy. I will dose with Ivermectin tonight and we'll go from there.

Pictures will come once they are settled in.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:37 pm

Lovemypig, thank you very much for your offer of transport help. You may definitely be needed down the road.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and well wishes. A huge thank you to StF for fostering this group.

Conditions were not as bad as the pictures looked. Yes, they were all in that one tiny cage, but they had a clean water bottle and didn't seem to mind being handled, with the possible exception of the one with the matted hair (most clearly visible in the 3rd photo down). We suspect mites and/or mats. She never bit me (that's one of the girls) or the shelter workers.

Everyone please hold your breath for the girls. I think the boy has some roaning, as does at least one of the girls (to my uneducated eye). I suspect BYB dump. They will be truly beautiful when they're cleaned up and healthy.

At that time, I can transport up to 3 hours in any direction out of metro Atlanta -- this covers a good bit of Alabama, east Tennessee, South Carolina, South Georgia and up into North Carolina.

StF, again, thank you.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:00 pm

Speaking of water bottles, does anyone have any extra 16 oz bottles to donate? I only have 2 extra bottles and they are 8 oz. In this summer's heat, and with one or both girls pregnant, I want to make sure they have more than enough available.

I can go out and buy some tomorrow if need be. Just thought I'd throw it out there if anyone had extras laying around.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:19 pm

I don't have extras, but can go and get you a couple if you need some. You needing anything....?.....GG shampoo...? :P I have some old beds that my crew have used and I was getting ready to throw them away, you want me to send them your way for your fosters?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:29 pm

Weaver, the old beds would be fabulous! George will love it for sure. He is so at home already (Terry even has said we need to keep him!) HA! The girls are not as personable yet.

Mamma Pig (needs a name) walks about and flirts with George. Hairy girl (NEEDS A NAME!) is loathe to walk around. She eats if I sit her next to the food bowl, or if she's hiding in hay she will eat the hay. I hope she'll be ok. Maybe just needs to get used to a huge cage and the new surroundings.

And I have used the GG shampoo you sent for Isabelle. I do have some Malaseb that I think I will use for the boy. I don't think the girls have anything fungal going on. He may or may not but I don't think it will hurt him.

Oh, and I think Mamma Pig has a UTI. :(

Fourboys4now

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:31 pm

How did I know the one I am in love with is a boy? I read where you can help transport to part of Alabama.*sigh* I'm so glad you have them and they are in your loving hands and heart. My larger cage is a 3x6 and I have 4 boys in that cage. Is that size cage big enough for 5 boys?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:36 pm

That all depends on if the 4 accept #5. I'm not sure who will be screening adopters. I don't have the experience. Maybe I could get some help from 3Bay or babytulip.

Right now he still has 3 weeks of quarantine anyway!

Lovemypig

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:17 pm

STF, Talishan, and everyone else who saved these pigs - thank you, thank you!!

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Lisa, can you save me the time of going through bed order to find your address (and old e-mails) and resend me your address. I will get these beds out to you first thing tomorrow.

I was not even thinking when I offered the GG shampoo, but most of the products are not safe to use on pregnant pigs anyways. I will enclose the Posh shampoo though for you to use on YOUR new girlie. I ordered you a sample when I ordered my last order :) You will love it with her long hair! I use it for Sherman and Sidney.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:16 pm

StF, call me and let me know how many water bottles you need. Leave a message if the phone is off and when you will be home tomorrow.

You have never seen our kitchen counter.

Actually, we have not seen it in quite a while, either. It's covered in water bottles. :-)

I don't have any hangers to spare, though. Do you want some of the wire thingies? They can be bent in a pinch.