Three just north of Atlanta, GA have until Tuesday

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:47 am

Thank you T! I should've mentioned it yesterday when we were coordinating the drop off. I think I would like 2 for the girls' cage and one for the boy. He blew through the 8 oz bottle overnight! The girls, not so much but they were hiding in the pigloo most of the night. I think I'll take it out after a few days. Don't worry about hangars. I can fashion some out of zipties. I will call.

Quick update on well being of them: George is fabulous! He acts like he's always been here. Reminds me of Ozzy when he came to us! His poops are nice shape and decent color.

Nala (formerly Hairy Girl) is the one we are worried about. She HAS moved around some and will if the pigloo is lifted off of her. I moved it closer to food and water to encourage partaking of those! The more I look at her the more beautiful she is. If we can work on her energy level and shyness, she is going to make someone a lucky slave.

And I was thinking, maybe because they were in such cramped quarters, she is just lazy.

Mamma Pig (still needs a name) moves around, which given her condition, is a good thing. She is skittish but not really shy like the other.

The girls poos are small and very dark. I don't know what that means, exactly other than they need more water and hay and a good diet.

I've got to run for most of the day so no more updates till later.

Kirakira

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:18 pm

Once things settle down, S2F, I might be interested in adopting one of the ladies. I'm here in Decatur with my two girls (in a 2x6), one is rapidly approaching six years and the other hit 5 in April.

Though sad to think about it's probably time to think about adopting a third as a companion for when one of the others passes on.

Fourboys4now

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:15 pm

STF, I recently ordered off of Ebay 4 yards of blue fleece with a pattern on it. I took it out of the box it was shipped in, but have not washed or cut it. If you would like it to use for these babies just let me know and I'll get your address and ship it to you.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:44 pm

StF, please watch Nala carefully. She is behaving more and more like one we lost in the Clayton bust. You may want to email Kleenmama and describe her behavior. She may have an idea of what (if anything) is wrong with her.

Please do not hesitate to take her to Dr. A. or anywhere she needs to go if you think she needs to go (or even wonder about it a little bit). We'll work it out $-wise.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:55 pm

I think they all need to go to the vet.

George is drinking like he just crossed the Mohave and his pee stinks. I also noticed a lump on his side tonight. It's soft but I think it should be checked out.

Nala has been eating and sleeping in the hay. I took the pigloo out to encourage exercise.

Mamma (now called Mia) runs about and is learning she can run from "the hand". I have not seen anymore red urine spots but I will not rule out the UTI.

They all need to go in.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:01 pm

Sigh. Let me know when they go in and I'll call Dr. A. and help.

If George's lump is an abscess from a bite or scratch from three of them living in less than two square feet of space, I have curved-tip syringes. :-(

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:08 pm

Thank you. I'll call her in the morning. Hopefully I can get them in on Saturday. I won't have any time before then and I really don't want to do a drop off/pick up. I'd like to be there.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:10 pm

We'll work it out $-wise.

Do you need any help with the vet bills? I could send a little bit. I’d hate for you to have a financial burden after being so kind and rescuing these guinea pigs. Let me know.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Catie, thank you so very much. I'm hoping they won't run up a big vet bill, but a couple of them may be on their way to doing so. :-(

Fourboys4now

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:39 pm

I hope the babies are doing better tonight. I've been thinking of them all day. Thank you Talishan and STF for saving them.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:24 pm

You're welcome ... but StF is doing all the work! ;-)

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:16 am

They are going in at 2:00 on Saturday.

Nala seems in better spirits now. I was worried the 2nd night as I hadn't seen her eat anything but hay and lettuce. I've since caught her drinking and eating her pellets. She is moving around a bit more too.

Mama Mia moves around and flirts relentlessly with poor George. He just doesn't get why he can't be with them anymore.

Let me try to get some pictures now. I was trying to wait until after they were bathed but I know y'all (I would be at least) are dying to see them in bigger cages!