Tales of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Well, what have the piggies been up to lately?

There's been alot of this...
A little bit of this...
Some more of this...
"What ARE you doing?"
I think you get the picture!

Three's nothing nicer than piggies that just appear and sit near you for (I guess) the company. I was sitting on the bed clearing the camera of old files and they just sneak in and sit in a place they can watch you. Of course this is once they have discovered there's no food on the go... :o)

"Wait, is that my agent calling?"
When Tiggy does want attention, all she has to do is stand on my feet.

"C'mon, c'mon - gimme some cuddles!"

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Your girls are so cute. I see they are doing what piggies do best - lounging, looking cute, hoping for snacks.

Fossil Barb

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Great pictures of some very intelligent girls. You will have to do better at providing great snacks so they can keep up their strength.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:53 pm

I know, you are right - there is not nearly enough for these poor starving little piggies to nibble on all day!

Tiggy is developing a nice little 'pancake spread' too. ;o)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:43 pm

They are not only practicing pancaking, but also burrito-ing. :)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:28 am

Now to keep up with current events. Last week Chilli and I discovered a suspicious little dot in the middle of Tiggy's most prominent rosette. Thinking dry skin I gave it a bit of a scratch and it came away along with a few hairs. On closer inspection the hair was coming out pretty easily and we ended up with a bald spot the size of a fingernail!
Not only that but some greasy dandruff too. Yuk! Time for a good old fungal bath spa treatment. The magic potion called Nizoral was lurking on the sidelines.

Being a newcomer to the whole 'getting wet' scenario, Tiggy was a little apprehensive and not totally convinced that the unassuming girly pink stuff was really necessary.
"I thought you said we were just going into hair and make up? This seems a little extreme."

"Stuff the carrot and being nice, this is not what I was expecting - I'm all WET!!"
"You're trying to drown me! I want to call the SPCA!"

But it's all worth it in the end, a clean little bald patch!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:32 am

You might want to treat for mites, too. When my pigs had mites, that is how they presented symptoms - little patches where the hair pulled right out with skin scurf beneath. Poor Tiggy!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:42 am

And we're on a second round - just to be sure, so poor Tiggy was back at square one!

"I'm having a bad case of déjà vu..."
But you're getting the hang of it now Tiggy!

"I'm not speaking to you, ever again."
"Leave me alone. Go AWAY!"
But it's all working out in the end. A cleaner bald spot and the hair growing back in again.
A round of Easimec is underway too!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:49 am

I swear there is nothing sadder than the sad, betrayed eyes of a piggie in a bath. Poor, poor Tiggy. I hope she had some treats ;-)

AquarianAlias

Post   » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:09 pm

This is the best thread I read so far! It had me cracking up! I couldn't stop laughing! The Tiggy-talk is the best cause it really looks like that is what she's thinking! Keep up the good work! Tiggy is adorable!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:28 pm

Well, alot has happened in the past month or so!

First of all, we in the House of Webs would all like to say that 3 rounds of Ivermectin, 3 unwelcome baths of Nizoral and several applications of Clotrimazole cream have done absolutely 'diddly squat' for poor Tiggy and her fungally bits.

"You are sooo right... See this face - am I a happy bunny right now?"
In fact, 2 new bits appeared, although not too crusty or scabby, the greasiness and baldness were suspicious.
So, back to basics. While I had Gorgeous Guineas stuff on order as my own had gone off being quite a bit out of date, it was the tried and tested oil method. Tiggy got an Extra Virgin Olive Oil soak as she was beginning to scratch too much for my liking. Strangely she seemed quite happy with the whole operation as it definitely soothed the skin and itching.
You gently work it through the hair and down into the skin and surprisingly it dries a little too so doesn't make as much mess as I thought it might.

Really, I should have done this at the start and nipped it in the bud as it definitely had spread with the hair being so close together. After 24 hours it was time to wash it all off and the only reaction Tiggy gave was the occasional shake.

The oil washes off easily enough if you put the shampoo on the pig before the water.

After a week or so and my new GG products arrived, both pigs got a Neem melt and shampoo just to be sure. Even Chilli enjoyed the gentle massaging effects of applying the melt. No more patches have appeared on Tiggy and the existing ones have not shown any skin flaking or greasiness in the hair.

The original spot is now growing the hair back in nicely. The Nizoral certainly had a more drying effect on the skin and at times it appeared very pink. The oil/melts certainly seemed to soothe the skin and give instant relief to Tiggy.

"Don't you even THINK about coming near me again with one of your Special Spa treatments. You think I LIKE the cute and fluffy look? The cukes won't work this time, I can tell you - come any closer and you'll see how fast I can go on heart meds!"

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Does Tiggy realize how adorable she is with that look of complete disapproval on her face? :)