20+ guinea pigs in shelter in San Gabriel need help!

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:52 pm

Kent- Smilies are a no no. Thats why that option isn't there in the reply page.

I've been fasinating ParadigmSoul with pigs. :D

gpservant

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:31 pm

Does E have a new toy?

Let's see now. Two violations of GL posting etiquette. That's two pigs per violation. So PSoul needs to adopt four pigs from Chary or make a generous donation to her rescue. Anybody think that's a fair punishment?

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:12 pm

LOL leave him alone. He's just gained an interest in pigs and has been hanging around to read about them.

lisam

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:44 pm

Keep it up, CP! The more recruits the better!

gpservant

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:59 pm

It's good that PSoul is checkin out GL before getting a pig. I know somebody who got a pig from a pet store without doing any research. The pig turned out to be pregnant and had three babies. She kept the mom and one baby. Recently I asked her how her pigs were doing and she said "I got rid of them". I was so shocked that I didn't even bother to ask why or how she got rid of them. I assume they were just too much work for her. What's even worse is that she got a bunny to replace the pigs.

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:38 pm

Update on the lost pigs:

I called the shelter manager today. He said that the pigs were adopted over the weekend. I said,

"How strange! The employees didn't seem to have any record of that."

To which he replied that, since the stray hold hadn't expired, the employees had been secretive about the adoptions. So then I said,

"Wow! That's quite a record--12 pigs in one weekend!"

So he said that well, one employee had been working particularly hard to get the pigs adopted. I then asked,

"Can you tell me her name? Because I really want to make sure that she has my number since she is so interested in guinea pigs. That way she can call me right away next time."

He gave me the name of the front desk employee who told me that she had no idea what happened to the pigs. I honestly believe that she didn't, because when she started to fill out the relinquish form, she put "28 guinea pigs" on the first line, and looked very surprised when I told her there were only 16.

We are being lied to. I am very close to giving their name to the AS director, but I'm doing just a little more investigation first.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:40 pm

So it sounds like the manager is in on it too, then, doesn't it? Or he wouldn't have specifically named someone. Although it seems pretty stupid of him to name someone with no idea what was going on.

This is a really sad story and I hope you can come to the bottom of it. Those poor pigs...

easygoer

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:41 pm

Charybdis,

Have you considered contacting Lydia at http://www.eadieshouse.org/eadies/ ? Her missing-rat situation was very similar to yours and very close to home. I don't know how she tracked down those rats, but I do believe some were recovered.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:27 pm

Holy cow. It just occurred to me to check the reptile stores in L.A. What kind of snake would I have if I was looking for a live adult guinea pig to feed it?

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:43 am

The only one I can think of is a Boa Constrictor (sp?).

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:16 am

I know this sounds CF5-ish but people make me damn sick.
This is suppose to be a friggin Humane Society.

paradigm_soul

Post   » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 am

Originally posted by Lynx
No smilies, please. They are discouraged on this site and the animated ones are verbotten.
Lynxx sure lives up to that title of "Heartless Dictator" very well. Also, the use of spell check wouldn't hurt either. It’s verboten, not “verbotten”.